Matt W

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
Sorry newbie question. So I have a 4S CT MY23 on order (ordered Dec 22 ) with a predicted delivery date of Jan 24, the price has gone up which I know will be passed on. At some point this year I expect the model year will changed to MY24 and I think there is a good chance I won’t get my build slot before the model year changes. My question is will a model year change also bring about another price increase. Thanks
Sponsored

Wilson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ST 4S On Order, Tesla M3P, A35 AMG
Country flag
I have asked my SA on this point, my understanding is that the increase is based on MY24 deliveries which will be vehicles produced after the summer shutdown. Based on the heater delays he wasn’t sure if there will be any allocations issued for MY23 deliveries now so updating the prices now will effectively apply to all new allocations.

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
Possibly...The reason for saying that is its normally the MY change that brings about the price increase (there's a somewhat justifiable association even if its rather opportunistic). However, after the shareholder announcement a clear statement was made saying Porsche intended to increase pricing across various ranges to maintain/improve their margins. For that reason I would say you should prepare for another increase on MY change and the current pricing is just the new baseline.

Wilson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Possibly...The reason for saying that is its normally the MY change that brings about the price increase (there's a somewhat justifiable association even if its rather opportunistic). However, after the shareholder announcement a clear statement was made saying Porsche intended to increase pricing across various ranges to maintain/improve their margins. For that reason I would say you should prepare for another increase on MY change and the current pricing is just the new baseline.
This could well be true, if it is then I doubt I would continue with my order unless there are meaningful changes for MY24

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This could well be true, if it is then I doubt I would continue with my order unless there are meaningful changes for MY24
If the facelift is launched as part of the MY change then that would be perceived by Porsche at least to be meaningful. Either way though, its an individual decision as to whether to proceed or not - I think the order books are so strong that they are resilient to some cancelling...I think a lot of people (and I am not saying you) associate the Taycan with other EV's who have a more "fickle" pricing approach (one minute up/next minute down) - but ultimately this is a Porsche and they don't play that game....

Wilson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If the facelift is launched as part of the MY change then that would be perceived by Porsche at least to be meaningful. Either way though, its an individual decision as to whether to proceed or not - I think the order books are so strong that they are resilient to some cancelling...I think a lot of people (and I am not saying you) associate the Taycan with other EV's who have a more "fickle" pricing approach (one minute up/next minute down) - but ultimately this is a Porsche and they don't play that game....
For me it just reaches its limit of my perceived value, I would go higher for the face-lifted version but I expect that will be MY25 so a further list price increase on a soon to be replaced model is a point of concern.

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
For me it just reaches its limit of my perceived value, I would go higher for the face-lifted version but I expect that will be MY25 so a further list price increase on a soon to be replaced model is a point of concern.
I think that the facelift will come this year...Let's see but my OPC thinks its this year as well - so in time for Sept/Oct - that's why I pushed out my order. I guess already being in a car means I am not in such a rush...

Wilson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I would fully expect an increase to accompany a spec change and facelift, if that is the case then it would be just fine

OP
OP
Matt W

Matt W

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
So reading a few threads on here from other countries, it looks like the facelift is not happening this year and the price increase is for the MY24 as @Wilson noted, so do we think the price increases are done for this year now?

Wilson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So reading a few threads on here from other countries, it looks like the facelift is not happening this year and the price increase is for the MY24 as @Wilson noted, so do we think the price increases are done for this year now?
I certainly hope so, that is my understanding

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag
I think that the facelift will come this year...Let's see but my OPC thinks its this year as well - so in time for Sept/Oct - that's why I pushed out my order. I guess already being in a car means I am not in such a rush...
The facelift isn't coming this year.

OP
OP
Matt W

Matt W

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
That’s made my Easter then…. original order has gone up by over £5k which I can deal with, but I had a nagging worry that I was gonna be hit with another one in the summer which then starts to gripe a bit more….

Wilson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That’s made my Easter then…. original order has gone up by over £5k which I can deal with, but I had a nagging worry that I was gonna be hit with another one in the summer which then starts to gripe a bit more….
I agree with this entirely, one uplift this year I can live with, a second would be hard to swallow

Raphie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s (21)
Country flag
The price raise for the base model is the wheel upgrade no?