Jabbar

First Name
JS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Hi. I’m in West Yorkshire but ordered a Taycan GTS for November delivery and 992 Carrera S for 2024 delivery from Porsche Chester. Brilliant service

erhand25

First Name
Erhan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I had similar experience in my local dealer in greenville sc.
there were couple issues on leather on steering wheel, all they did blame me for it, not even considering it could have come defective (car is only 4 months old)

I can only comment on my own experiences, but my local Porsche dealer has always been awful (dismissive, not open to discussion, rude, poor customer service etc etc) even prior to Covid - the complete opposite of Chester.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Get a BMW I4 40 M sport instead. Test drive it.

You will be surprised and impressed.

It's half the price and BMW sales process is excellent. They actually want you as a customer.

Porsche could not care less.

The BMW customer profile is more likely to cancel as many overstretch themselves, especially with the cost of living crisis ramping up.

That means it's realistic to find a cancelled order, as I did yesterday. Paid the deposit today. Delivery end of the month. I never planned to ever own a BMW, but alas it's the first (company) car I have ever purchased and therefore owned.

I'm gambling it will be cheaper than a crappy ONTO rental and I don't want a crummy e208 or ID3; nor do I want a tired 2021 I-PACE at £1200 a month.

I'm also planning some Scotland/European road trips, which also isn't compatible with renting or leasing something, so this works out nicely and it means I have a lovely car to tide me over until my eye-wateringly overpriced Taycan arrives next year.
Smart move! You might even drive the BMW a bit longer after you get the new software with proper charging planning... :rolleyes:

And you are right, the BMW got excellent reviews, particularly for low consumption on long distance driving...

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
It's grown on me. The I4 40 M Sport looks really nice in-person and that grille actually has an air of classiness about it, in a post-modern cyberpunk kind of way.
I think it is kinda tolerable when black in black... :)

Porsche Taycan Price increase again ? 1658119223487

Perhaps BMW got the message? ;)

Last edited:

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Smart move! You might even drive the BMW a bit longer after you get the new software with proper charging planning... :rolleyes:

And you are right, the BMW got excellent reviews, particularly for low consumption on long distance driving...
Admittedly it is not the spec I would have chosen, though really it's only the upgraded sound system that's missing and I should imagine standard sound will be fine as it's BMW and not Porsche, where the latter will purposefully make standard sound awful to force you into upgrading.

Curiously, the cancelled order I picked up specced the £1k electric sunroof. The upgraded sound system is £800. And this is the UK. I have no idea what the original buyer was thinking, but... I have a sunroof now.

The beaver-tooth grille actually looks good IRL. It has a sense of cyberpunk class about it, and I actually quite like it now.

I find out this week exact delivery date, which I hope is before the month is out as I need the car for a long drive to a friend's 40th party.

And who knows, if I really like perhaps I'll think twice about whether I need that Porsche that doesn't seem to be arriving any time soon.

Clod Reed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Neptune blue Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Good Morning,

Hope all is well

There has been a recent price increase however due to your deposit being put down when it was its secured against the existing price of the vehicle so wont be affected by the most recent increase.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

😮😉 just to confuse things further….no allocation needed

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Good Morning,

Hope all is well

There has been a recent price increase however due to your deposit being put down when it was its secured against the existing price of the vehicle so wont be affected by the most recent increase.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Are they holding MY22 base prices on an (presumably) MY23 build for you?

Clod Reed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Are they holding MY22 base prices on an (presumably) MY23 build for you?
I have an allocation for build in November but they said they would honour the price anyway because of deposit as stated in the email received

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Good Morning,

Hope all is well

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Not according to Sytner, so perhaps it's different depending on who the dealer is.

I specifically asked my dealer on dropping my deposit back in Feb: if there are future price increases, is the current price honoured?

Dealer: "No."

Clod Reed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Not according to Sytner, so perhaps it's different depending on who the dealer is.

I specifically asked my dealer on dropping my deposit back in Feb: if there are future price increases, is the current price honoured?

Dealer: "No."
Maybe the dealer will pocket the difference 😵🤑

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Maybe the dealer will pocket the difference 😵
Sytner are sneaky. I just purchased a BMW I4 40 M Sport from them, and they slapped onto my invoice (now removed):

Autoglym treatment (it's erm... leather) - £474
Service package (I'm keeping the car less than 12 months) - £505.80
Delivery (car is 2hrs train journey/taxi pickup, about £50) - £825
GAP insurance - £1,019 for three years (2 yr quote online is £200)

That's almost £3k of pointless horsesh*t on top of the price of the car.

Clod Reed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sytner are sneaky. I just purchased a BMW I4 40 M Sport from them, and they slapped onto my invoice (now removed):

Autoglym treatment (it's erm... leather) - £474
Service package (I'm keeping the car less than 12 months) - £505.80
Delivery (car is 2hrs train journey/taxi pickup, about £50) - £825
GAP insurance - £1,019 for three years (2 yr quote online is £200)

That's almost £3k of pointless horsesh*t on top of the price of the car.
That’s just ripping people off …big time

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That’s just ripping people off …big time
I think they were annoyed I also declined their financing and paying the whole thing in cash.

I'm their worst type of customer as they're only making money on whatever is the margin BMW pays them.

Their financing was also ludicrously expensive, it would be cheaper to rent a top-of-the-range car from ONTO.

Clod Reed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
As far as the increase is concerned….a letter stating either way whether or not there will be an increase from Porsche or the dealer would be the least you would expect …just to put peoples minds at rest
Sponsored