Production Photos and Progress - Where to see?

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW California, BMW 335D XDrive
Country flag
Hello,

I see a few posts that show photos of cars in production as it goes along the line. Is this a feature of ordering a Taycan? I’m wondering how we get to see these images of production? Any advice welcome….

Thanks
James
Sponsored

jld1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S23
Country flag
Yes, it's something you have access to via My Porsche, although oddly enough it's not easy to find - why Porsche doesn't have a section of production photos for customers to click and see, I do not understand. Anyway, you can find them after the car has entered production of course. The method of doing so is a little involved, see the post here for it.

OP
OP
CaptureLakeland
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes, it's something you have access to via My Porsche, although oddly enough it's not easy to find - why Porsche doesn't have a section of production photos for customers to click and see, I do not understand. Anyway, you can find them after the car has entered production of course. The method of doing so is a little involved, see the post here for it.
Thank you for this, I will check it out. Although my order isn’t showing up in the My Porsche website. Maybe it will as it moves into production…

jld1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S23
Country flag
It takes time. When did you order? I did not get access to My Porsche until months after my allocation date.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CaptureLakeland
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It takes time. When did you order? I did not access to My Porsche until months after my allocation date.
Thanks. Deposit paid and order locked in a couple of weeks ago. I asked the OPC for info on tracking. When I spoke with him this morning he suggested it was scheduled to leave the factory 21st December with Delivery Mid Jan. We shall see. I’d be keen to see it go through the factory myself. I asked him about this and he knew nothing about that….

jld1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S23
Country flag
Amazing how little these people know sometimes. Sounds harsh and granted I don't know 100% of everything in my job either, but reading this forum for the past few months, I found this to be a common theme.

Regardless, give it a few more weeks - Porsche is a little weird* with it, you will eventually get an email that says "welcome to track my dream" and then you can access it from there. I think it is mostly the same in the UK as it is in the US.

*By weird I mean I got 3 separate emails, weeks/months apart, saying "welcome to track your dream!" - after the initial one which worked fine.

OP
OP
CaptureLakeland
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Amazing how little these people know sometimes. Sounds harsh and granted I don't know 100% of everything in my job either, but reading this forum for the past few months, I found this to be a common theme.

Regardless, give it a few more weeks - Porsche is a little weird* with it, you will eventually get an email that says "welcome to track my dream" and then you can access it from there. I think it is mostly the same in the UK as it is in the US.

*By weird I mean I got 3 separate emails, weeks/months apart, saying "welcome to track your dream!" - after the initial one which worked fine.
Yes, I’d agree. I guess your average Porsche buyer is a fanatic and the purchase has been one they have worked towards and researched thoroughly. I recently bought a 718 Spyder and seemed to know more than the Sales guy about it.
Sponsored