W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Yep I have a collection of these for the providers I'm most likely to use plus any payment card will work so never a need to use an app (normally).
Sponsored

ithinkmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'17 3, '22 4S CT, '22 MXP
Country flag
Sorry to say, but nowadays, you're gonna need your smart phone for a lot of things. You can keep trying to avoid it, but eventually you'll loose that battle.

There's really NOT that much hassle to using the app, yes, cell reception is obvious, but those are far and few between. But, I don't think it will be that much of a hassle that you can refuse to use it completely. If aversion is due to privacy or security, maybe get an extra phone just for your charging needs and leave it in your car? with nothing else on it, but a data plan and your charging apps. Or get multiple sims from different carriers in case of poor reception in an area from 1 carrier. usually it's not all dead from all carriers.

Strap a starlink receiver to the roof (being sarcastic here). Just saying there's options, but smartphones are quite helpful nowadays.

-ThinkMac-

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Not all providers supply an app and so cards will prevail...at least in these parts of the world. So I'll have to agree to disagree...for now.
Sponsored