Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4s & Cayenne S
Country flag
Let me start by saying, it's constantly putting a smile on my face and generally has been superb so far. As my car is on a company basis I didn't spec tons of options but impressed with the standard features in comparison to other Porsche's we have had and currently own:
  • Love the driving, the standard "sound" is great as you set off, driving around with no radio or music!
  • Really interesting and fun driving position for me as been in SUV for a while - very smooth and swooshes along :)
  • So planted in corners, love it!
  • PCM / Connect been ok - some of the features are working fine in the car but can't get charging profiles to work - could be me but suspect something else.
  • Pre-heat etc - need to sort out what's going on and could be related to issue above.
  • Comfort Access - not sure I have got the hang of this - door handles presenting etc but opening the froot or boot is a mystery with gestures.
  • Wireless charging and car play worked first time, no issues - very good.
  • Love the internet radio, can pick up NFL commentary on the way to Uttoxeter :)
More to learn and explore but pretty blown away with it, even in a relatively basic specification. Very well done Porsche.
Sponsored

SwissTaycan

First Name
Dieter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S arrived on 23.12.20 and 718 Spyder on order
Country flag
Ha! You got the same color as I did with the same delivery date!

Agree with everything you said. Have figured out my PCM now by sitting in the garage in the car including the pre-heat. My first charge also worked out.

To me it feels like you really need to dig deep in every option that comes up on the PCM and then... it all works as planned! At least so far!!!!!!!

P.S. Can not get comfort access of frunk/froot and trunk/boot is still not solved though.

REIL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ / MY20
Country flag
Last edited:

RG2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Golf R Estate, Golf VR6, Corrado VR6
Country flag
How did you get wireless charging to work?

I tried for first time today and failed. I read the good to know app, followed instructions but the wireless charging option doesn’t appear on the phone settings in my car. Pressed the 3 dots button etc.

OP
OP
robborover

robborover

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4s & Cayenne S
Country flag
How did you get wireless charging to work?

I tried for first time today and failed. I read the good to know app, followed instructions but the wireless charging option doesn’t appear on the phone settings in my car. Pressed the 3 dots button etc.
What phone using? Does the qi icon appear on screen? Some have reported using a usb connection initially but then PCM "waking up" to wireless. I simply put it in cradle and it came on with the icon.

RG2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Golf R Estate, Golf VR6, Corrado VR6
Country flag
iPhone 8 I believe. Charges wirelessly elsewhere. So yours turned on automatically?

Not seen a Qi icon, but not really looked for it. Was that on the phone screen?

I’ll maybe try the usb thing next

OP
OP
robborover

robborover

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4s & Cayenne S
Country flag
iPhone 8 I believe. Charges wirelessly elsewhere. So yours turned on automatically?

Not seen a Qi icon, but not really looked for it. Was that on the phone screen?

I’ll maybe try the usb thing next
No on the left hand side of the PCM, same location as LTE icon etc. 8 is qi compatible (just) but may be worth testing a friend or families later model too.
Sponsored