Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag
I thought I would share a simple tip that I stumbled upon. I noticed that the wireless CarPlay connectivity seems to improve significantly if you remove the car hotspot from the known Wi-Fi networks.

I believe that if you have the network configured, the phone will attempt to connect to it to establish an internet connection, which will either fail or take a substantial amount of time while it logs in through the captive portal (if you have the hotspot subscription).

Without the network, it seems to solely connect to it in order to establish a local connection for CarPlay, but will still use its own mobile connection for internet traffic.

Note that you need to remove the network completely, not just forget it. You do this by going to the Wi-Fi settings, clicking edit in the top right, and then removing the network.

While it might of course just be a coincidence, but I’ve noticed a significant improvement after I did this. Before it could take up to a few minutes for it to connect, but now it’s practically instant within a few seconds after the car boots up.

Edit: Bah, I accidentally fat finger posted this before I had time to proofread it, so forgive any grammatical errors and such.
Sponsored

Last edited: