No connectivity

dredman

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: 2020 Taycan Turbo, BMW i8, previously 2019 BMW M5, 2016 BMW 5.0 X6, BMW N54 335i, BMW N54 Z4 35i, Nissan 350Z, Jeep Wrangler 4.0, Mazda Miata.
Country flag
Do we know what that comment implies? I get that when I shut down the car, and just assumed it meant I can't run the PCM for long when the car is off, e.g. just on the 12v.

Or is it a warning of something else?

Thanks
I wondered the same. I don’t think it is significantl.

my data is still dead; no profile in the car and no pumping tunes via Apple Music. :/
Sponsored

PNWTaycan4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘91 Polar Silver 964, ‘20 Dolomite Silver Taycan 4S, ‘19 Gravity Blue Nero EV
Country flag

my data is still dead; no profile in the car and no pumping tunes via Apple Music. :/
It

"The PCM can only be used with sufficient battery charge" flashed while the car was on, plenty of battery, and the Bose was in the frozen day long loop. Hard to say how this PCM battery charge notice links to the problem, just hope it doesn’t show up again on my 4S. Hope yours gets solved quickly.

isacumi

First Name
isacumi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN 4S
Country flag

Do you continue with the connection problem in your car?
tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest I hope to pick up my car from the dealer

dredman

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: 2020 Taycan Turbo, BMW i8, previously 2019 BMW M5, 2016 BMW 5.0 X6, BMW N54 335i, BMW N54 Z4 35i, Nissan 350Z, Jeep Wrangler 4.0, Mazda Miata.
Country flag
Do you continue with the connection problem in your car?
tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest I hope to pick up my car from the dealer
Still dead.
Porsche connect - silence.
Dealer - silence.
Sadness++;

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
Still dead.
Porsche connect - silence.
Dealer - silence.
Sadness++;
Hang in there - but I agree some form of communication - even "we have no clue what is going on but we are working on it" would be better than radio silence.

nk516681

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag

Guys - I took delivery of my Taycan last week and I cannot connect the car to my Porsche ID. I put in my login id and password but the login button is greyed out. Nobody knows what to do ...called Porsche help line multiple times .... anyone else having this issue

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
Guys - I took delivery of my Taycan last week and I cannot connect the car to my Porsche ID. I put in my login id and password but the login button is greyed out. Nobody knows what to do ...called Porsche help line multiple times .... anyone else having this issue
See multiple reports on this issue, which could be related to delays in Porsche updated the server or just software glitches. Any easy overlooked step it yo check if your dealer transferred ownership of vehicle to you. When they do you receive an email and following the link provided takes you into the Porsche Connect app. After that I was able to login

dredman

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
See multiple reports on this issue, which could be related to delays in Porsche updated the server or just software glitches. Any easy overlooked step it yo check if your dealer transferred ownership of vehicle to you. When they do you receive an email and following the link provided takes you into the Porsche Connect app. After that I was able to login
Has it ever worked for you? I think someone at Porsche screwed the server pooch and we are all suffering from the failure.
Does the car show a no data symbol? Looks like =/= in the top left corner (see my post).

nk516681

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Has it ever worked for you? I think someone at Porsche screwed the server pooch and we are all suffering from the failure.
Does the car show a no data symbol? Looks like =/= in the top left corner (see my post).
I contacted Porsche support again today ....and finally got an admission that there is an issue with the Taycan's connecting and that they have no resolution yet....... This is the first time they admitted the issue is fairly widespread and they are not sure when it will be fixed. I am obviously not happy about it but at least I know its not user error and I didnt just happen to get the one lemon!

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
I was lucky - everything worked well on setup, but on the same weekend others reported inability to link the Porsche ID to their car.

My car has some minor software glitches - it remembers to adjust the driver seat all the time, but the mirrors randomly, was without LTE connection fort about a week (recovered on its own). Nothing of significance

dredman

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I took my car in for a software update - they restored the software, re-registered it and now my LTE is working again.

Over the past few weeks I had sent plenty of whining emails to PCNA and Porsche Connect, and visited 3 dealers - no idea exactly which of the steps resolved it though.

Still dont know the ICCID, still dont know which carrier they are using (AT&T or Verizon) and neither carrier was able to find me by IMEI in their records :/

nk516681

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I contacted Porsche support again today ....and finally got an admission that there is an issue with the Taycan's connecting and that they have no resolution yet....... This is the first time they admitted the issue is fairly widespread and they are not sure when it will be fixed. I am obviously not happy about it but at least I know its not user error and I didnt just happen to get the one lemon!
I am pleased to report Germany fixed the issue and I can now connect /login to the PCM in the car!

dredman

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Bikergal

First Name
Sue
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2013 Boxster S, 2014 Cayenne
Country flag
My Taycan 4S was delivered last Saturday. Was told by the dealer today, who was told directly by a Porsche rep, that WiFi/Hotspot will not be available in Taycans until Nov. 2021 possibly sooner. Here in USA anyway.

Any truth to this?? Makes no sense to me. I was initially told on Saturday that Porsche is moving to Verizon from AT&T and that was what the delay in getting WiFi is and should be available soon. Not so, as of today - if true. Why would the bar code display for the phone app to scan for WiFi when it's not available, at all?

I think there are real growing pains in dealers understanding all the intricacies of this car - mainly due to the Covid shutdown and dealers missing training sessions on the Taycan. I had to point out things to the dealer I was told did not exist in the car - ie; the only way to shut off the car is to hold the on/off button for 3-5 seconds, not knowing that once Park is pressed, exit the vehicle and hit the lock button, the key the car shuts off.
Sponsored