Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Anyone experiencing the car deciding to precool/heat? Just had a connect notification that my car has completed precooling! Definitely not setup a timer for that! Car in unplugged in the driveway... mmm
Sponsored

kmcdonal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan 350Z, Subaru WRX
Country flag
Anyone experiencing the car deciding to precool/heat? Just had a connect notification that my car has completed precooling! Definitely not setup a timer for that! Car in unplugged in the driveway... mmm
Yeah, I get the same random messages too.

DavidE- Bath

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Golf GTD mk 7, Ferrari 599 GTB, Ferrari 360 Spider, Ferrari 328 GTS, Bentley Continental Flying Spur, Land Rover Defender 110, Tygan/Chesil Speedster
Country flag
I get the random precooling alerts too. But precooling is turned off. Just put it down to software glitches ....

SRQ661

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Have you reported it yet? I also got a message about park assist? What the ell is that on a Taycan.
Park assist warns you if you get too close to a car in the front or the rear (usually while parking)...

AJDiBianca

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT4, Cayenne Turbo, Cayenne, Taycan 4S
Country flag
Brought car to dealer to have clear bra installed, and they "stored" the car in the showroom. A few days later, when I approached (but did not open the doors), the car came to life and the A/C automatically began to cool the car to the temperature I had previously set (70 deg F).

I assume there is a "proximity feature" that begins heating/cooling when you approach the car before you get into it? Is it possible the "random cooling" people are reporting is actually caused by "walking by" and the car thinking you will want to get in to a cool car?

Anyone read about this and if it is related to the pre-cool function available on the Porsche Connect App which I used when I parked in the 100 degree grocery store lot then returned to my 70 degree cooled car after shopping. So nice!

And as a note, let's be sure not to confuse the BATTERY cooling/heating function (to optimize/minimize charging time) with CABIN cooling/heating.

esortho

First Name
Soren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Can it be the ”Intelligent Pre-heat/cool” feature that is supposed to learn your driving behavior and cleverly cool or heat the car accordingly? Mine believed that I always drive around 15:00 and was pleasantly cool at that time the first few days of ownership. I think it also learns your location, which would explain cooling at the Porsche store

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Can it be the ”Intelligent Pre-heat/cool” feature that is supposed to learn your driving behavior and cleverly cool or heat the car accordingly? Mine believed that I always drive around 15:00 and was pleasantly cool at that time the first few days of ownership. I think it also learns your location, which would explain cooling at the Porsche store
In that case, mine is retarded.

OP
OP
Gogs

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
I guess it must be. I turned the function off and it hasn’t done it since. So I’ll turn back in. Quite cool if it works, which to be fair it sounds like it does.
Sponsored