DirtyPop

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
I messed around with it for a while but couldn’t see where to remove my phone. I will be driving and listening to the radio then it will randomly turn off and the PCM tries to load something on my phone. It is super frustrating because nothing loads. The “thinking icon” just spins and it is silent until I press something.
Some threads suggest to uninstall and reinstall my iPhone but I can’t find where to do that. I go to devices press the 3 dots but I don’t see a “remove phone” option.
Porsche it doesn’t need to be this hard. Ugh this PCM needs a lot of work. The Uconnect system in my new Jeep Grand Cherokee is 1,000 times better and that should not be the case in a $150,000 car.
Thanks for suggestions!
Sponsored

soawjo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, BMW 230i convertible
Country flag
I messed around with it for a while but couldn’t see where to remove my phone. I will be driving and listening to the radio then it will randomly turn off and the PCM tries to load something on my phone. It is super frustrating because nothing loads. The “thinking icon” just spins and it is silent until I press something.
Some threads suggest to uninstall and reinstall my iPhone but I can’t find where to do that. I go to devices press the 3 dots but I don’t see a “remove phone” option.
Porsche it doesn’t need to be this hard. Ugh this PCM needs a lot of work. The Uconnect system in my new Jeep Grand Cherokee is 1,000 times better and that should not be the case in a $150,000 car.
Thanks for suggestions!
Do you mean remove your phone completely from the list of devices or just disconnect it? If it’s the former, go to the list of devices, on the far right of the screen where the name of the device is swipe left and the box will turn red with a dustbin icon in it. Then just press that and it will be removed

dnanian

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Tesla Model S, BMW i3
Country flag
Yeah, the swipe option is what does it - agreed that given the rest of the way the PCM is designed, this particular operation doesn't feel 'right' (even though it's the way most phones do deletion from lists)...maybe because it's multi-column.
Sponsored