cabin fever

First Name
rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan
Country flag
I have a 2023 Taycan RWD as a daily driver and love it. Based on the tire reviews I am not involve with the OEM Goodyear Touring tires. Standard (OEM) size tire options are very limited. I live in Seattle where good rain tires are a must. Neither the Goodyear or Continental Touring tires are good rain or for that matter good all season tire. The obvious option is to get Michelin Pilot sport 4 tires for the spring-fall months then winter tires (Pirelli or Continental) for the winter months. Was trying to avoid the tire change if possible. The other hope is that I put winter tires on in the fall and hope more tire sizes are available for better all season tires in the spring. Has any one developed a good alternative tire option plan. I have new Forgeline wheels coming in two weeks and this is decision time.
Sponsored

jkoya

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan CT4, 23 Mini Cooper SE on order
Country flag
OP
OP

cabin fever

First Name
rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan
Country flag
Are your new wheels 19" also or a different size ?
I stay with 19" for ride and efficiency. Understanding that there were limited tire options hoping new sizes / options would be available over time given that most EV come standard with 19". Also noting some new EV specific tires come to market are 19" and 20".

DougFrisk

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No longer awaiting a 4CT
Country flag
One of the last changes we made to our spec was to go to 20 inch wheels so when we do replace the tires we can switch to Michelin Cross Climate 2 tires which are only available in OEM sizes for the 20" rims.

Efficiency is a tradeoff, and I'm willing to trade some range for improved grip in the rain and snow.

OP
OP

cabin fever

First Name
rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan
Country flag
One of the last changes we made to our spec was to go to 20 inch wheels so when we do replace the tires we can switch to Michelin Cross Climate 2 tires which are only available in OEM sizes for the 20" rims.

Efficiency is a tradeoff, and I'm willing to trade some range for improved grip in the rain and snow.

Agreed but not a choice for me as the wheels are in route. I have cross Climates on another care. Great tires.
Sponsored