Replacement

Diemme79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 630, Taycan 4s
Country flag
Hi All. I’ve spoken to my dealer who confirmed my car has been produced and will be shipped to them shortly but there is some part that they will have to replace due to a recall before I can take it. I did not ask what that is and I was wondering if you may know about this recall.
Sponsored

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S - 2020
Country flag
Did you order the 19kw charger

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
It may not be a physical part but the WMA6 software update which takes 6 - 8 hrs to complete.

OP
OP

Diemme79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 630, Taycan 4s
Country flag
It may not be a physical part but the WMA6 software update which takes 6 - 8 hrs to complete.
Maybe it is the software release and he was wrong on the phone.
I could not find what changes are included in the WMA6. Do you know?

Mouse House

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
New Balance 1500 v6
Country flag
Search the forum as it is well documented - WMA6 for MY21 and WMA5 for MY22.
Guessing you meant WMA5 for 2020? Though I don't know what I'm talking about tbh :)

I moaned at my dealer about some of the PCM issues and my car is going in for the update next week. I haven't received a letter, so maybe it is worthwhile for other forum members in Switzerland to give theirs a call as well.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Guessing you meant WMA5 for 2020? Though I don't know what I'm talking about tbh :)

I moaned at my dealer about some of the PCM issues and my car is going in for the update next week. I haven't received a letter, so maybe it is worthwhile for other forum members in Switzerland to give theirs a call as well.
Sorry, yes WMA5 for MY20.

The campaign appears to be by VIN and region. The letter or email that we get is the same for all regions as far as I can tell. Content is generic and doesn't say a lot. I've had WMA6 applied (took 6 hrs) and none the wiser really as to what changed.

On the PCM I have noticed that the My Screen option now saves your personal settings.

What are you looking for specifically and what MY is your vehicle?

Mouse House

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
New Balance 1500 v6
Country flag
It's a MY21 4S. The PCM quite often logs me out and I end up having to use a Guest account. The Connect app hasn't worked for months, though maybe no great loss there.

I think a contributing factor is that my parking space is underground and it upsets the PCM when it tries to connect to the server and can't...

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
It's a MY21 4S. The PCM quite often logs me out and I end up having to use a Guest account. The Connect app hasn't worked for months, though maybe no great loss there.

I think a contributing factor is that my parking space is underground and it upsets the PCM when it tries to connect to the server and can't...
Ah, annoying!

I had that back in January (car was new in Nov’20) and i ended up experimenting with using each of the keys (which had different profiles associated).

I then went through the pain of doing a full blown PCM reset (wipes all personal settings stored in the PCM but not what is stored in the cloud). If not attempted already I would give that a shot as it might just clear some cache that is holding on to some data. Minor pain but potential upside is there. This doesn’t affect your Porsche ID (and associated settings) so when you reset and go through the login process most things spring back to life (seat settings etc)..

I also have the auto login enabled (no prompt for PIN) and rechecked that the Privacy mode is disabled for all accounts (Porsche IDs). Have you experimented with that?

I don’t think server connectivity is the issue per se but you will notice that until authenticated several of the services won’t be available (appear greyed out).

Mouse House

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
New Balance 1500 v6
Country flag
All good tips, thanks, but yes I've tried those. I have auto login, and have been through several resets until I got bored and just let it do its thing now.

I think the sequence that leads to things going wrong is it does a map update or similar while switched off, then when it reboots it can't get a signal and defaults into privacy mode. Then because it's not connected to internet / server it can't see my Porsche account and so the only option is Guest.

It does seem to resolve after a while and doesn't happen when I park up here in the mountains.
Sponsored