Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
So the guy from IONITY said it was free for the first year. That said my Porsche app tells me the cost but I have not seen the charges hit my registered credit card yet. Having tea at miller and carter. Car happily charging at 50 kw. Yeah!
Sponsored

greybox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future Taycan
Country flag
So we left Aberdeen yesterday, stopping at Perth Ionity, so I could do a customer call at Starbucks, no drama got a great charge up to 100% then onward to Gretna Ionity, the chargers here are at the petrol station and you have to walk 3 minutes to get food etc at the services part of the development, no big deal but if it was raining you’d get wet! Make sure you carry and umbrella! Next stop was Blackburn. The charger failed three times and I called up Ionity, the guy was very quick and rebooted, car started charging so we headed inside to the services bit. Checked my app and car had paused charging. Went back out and moved car to another charger all okay, but wasted about 30 minutes. Because I was low on charge we had to do an unexpected motorway 50KW charge. Pulled into two different service stations, first was busy, 2nd were not working!! With 19% and 60 miles remaining I stayed a little panic, ended up at a Lidl 50KW to get some juice, decided to head to Banbury 125KW chargers by Instavolt. Great experience there at 35p per KW. Easy tap your credit card plug in experience. The way all chargers should be. Arrived at hotel at 1215 at night! Delayed about 3 hours because of the charging issues. I’m sure the return journey will be better. All in all a great learning experience. Now I know that electrocity chargers are crap and I’ll be staying clear of them from now on in. IONITY guy said I have free charging for a year with Porsche! I did not realise that.
This is what I am always worried about! Hopefully the infrastructure might improve within the next 6-12 months. Has anyone else had these sort of experiences where they have stopped for a charge and had issues?

OP
OP
Gogs

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Heading home, at Preston 175KW just off M6. Starbucks and shell station/spar next door. Much better option than Blackburn, but of course you have to pay at e.on chargers. Download the app and start the charge from the app.

Porsche Taycan Road Trip to Southampton B51BDB75-F79A-409F-ABA4-F19AEBD31191

Porsche Taycan Road Trip to Southampton 2579E772-95AE-45F0-AC60-5E28E246134F

Porsche Taycan Road Trip to Southampton 43DAE44E-77AD-4C12-BACE-2CE54087597F

OP
OP
Gogs

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That’s us at Gretna again. Charging at IONITY. All good so far. Services with Harry Ramadan’s, Waitrose, Burger King & KFC. Parked up next to a Jag. Noticed his charging was much slower. He’s been plugged in for 15 minutes 35% SOC and only getting about 30kw. I was pushing in 190 at the beginning, quickly dropped off to 150Kw

Porsche Taycan Road Trip to Southampton 3FD0FA0D-A033-428C-9E4D-BCFBCE46A594

Porsche Taycan Road Trip to Southampton F7CA860C-3B3B-4436-9BDC-C27E5060E1DA

Porsche Taycan Road Trip to Southampton 39387651-CF87-4C98-BFEE-642D10483436

Porsche Taycan Road Trip to Southampton 4658E680-9F1A-4ED4-AB3D-3A4340E5F581

allan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi E-Tron
Country flag
I have an e-tron right now while I wait for the Taycan. Have done quite a few longer trips including London to Torridon and back. Given I have super cheap charging most of the time, paying a bit more on the road trips for convenience and fast charging I am fine with. E.on chargers are great. Ionity for audi, the subscription is free for a year. But you pay 31p for the charging so a lot less than full price but not free. Porsche website says "When purchasing a Taycan, you receive three years’ access to the ultra high speed charging infrastructure of our joint venture partner, IONITY, where you can charge at preferential prices". Would be interested to know if you do get charged at the end of the month for your usage.

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
I have an e-tron right now while I wait for the Taycan. Have done quite a few longer trips including London to Torridon and back. Given I have super cheap charging most of the time, paying a bit more on the road trips for convenience and fast charging I am fine with. E.on chargers are great. Ionity for audi, the subscription is free for a year. But you pay 31p for the charging so a lot less than full price but not free. Porsche website says "When purchasing a Taycan, you receive three years’ access to the ultra high speed charging infrastructure of our joint venture partner, IONITY, where you can charge at preferential prices". Would be interested to know if you do get charged at the end of the month for your usage.
You get the same deal as audi for 3 years, half price at Ionity. I have not found anywhere else that the Porsche charge card will activate.

OP
OP
Gogs

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have not seen any costs appear on the credit card yet. They might catch up with me. But guy from IONITY did say that Porsche’s get free charging for 1 year. Can’t believe Porsche wouldn’t market that so waiting to see if a charge appears.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I have not seen any costs appear on the credit card yet. They might catch up with me. But guy from IONITY did say that Porsche’s get free charging for 1 year. Can’t believe Porsche wouldn’t market that so waiting to see if a charge appears.
@Gogs have you checked on MyPorsche to see if your charging appears there. Either just with kWh or also a price. You may be lucky in the UK that charging is free!

I get the amounts for both kWh and price for both my home charging as well as Ionity pricing in my summary. Ionity pricing seems exactly correct but my home charging costs are way way off. It is correct when I check my charging system in the house, but not on the Porsche Connect side???

Porsche Taycan Road Trip to Southampton E43692C8-6A14-4631-AA5B-7F2BFCFD3715

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gogs

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes I see these charge costs under my Porsche, but not on credit card. Yet.

OP
OP
Gogs

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Came across a polestar at Banbury. First cars hitting the uk. Polestar employees doing test drives for the first uk customers. Chap offered a spin, but we were busy heading up the road.

Porsche Taycan Road Trip to Southampton 11EF7E8D-2392-47B9-8FA4-F1F88C2B7383
Sponsored