markrm61

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan, 2014 S4
Country flag
Has anyone been able to complete a dealer test drive of a RWD Taycan? Journalists have driven and reviewed them here in CA, but dealer sites only say arriving soon!
Sponsored

PeterL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S soon
Country flag
i drove a RWD with steel spring suspension today at Porsche Main Line in the Philly area today. A couple RWD cars arrived at the dealership in the morning.

It definitely drives differently from the 4S I drove a couple weeks ago - the suspension has a huge impact. I thought the 4S was extremely planted and secure on the ground and potholes barely registered in the interior. It had a cocoon-like isolation. The RWD with spring suspension, even though it's still a heavy, low center of gravity car that still feels very solid, nevertheless felt noticeably lighter and doesn't have that tank-like isolation that I got from the 4S. The ride felt a little bit more brittle than what I remember from the 4S. Road imperfections come through quite a bit more, although not in a jarring or uncomfortable way.

It was raining heavily during the RWD test drive today so the dealer didn't want to do some of the acceleration demonstrations we did with the 4S but my impression is in normal everyday driving, the acceleration is fine. Maybe it doesn't quite have the same go-go-go from stop as the 4S but I personally don't think I'd notice much difference between the two in daily driving.

Last edited: