Schadenfreude

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
So you consider self dealing to save a relative’s insolvent company ‘success’?

As regards Boring, prototype grant revenue that doesn’t even cover development cost and zero actual deployed systems = ‘success’? As long as execs are getting salaries?

Strange finance theories you’ve got there.
They are all financial successes for Musk personally.

They are business failures.

My point is that it depends on what you think Musk's goal was: to make money for himself so he can go to Mars, or to build solid sustainable businesses that provide value and quality to the consumer. I have my bet as to what his goal is.

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
People can be more than one thing. I admire his ambition and work ethic. I don’t know if he’s a genius, or whether it matters if he is, but he’s the driving force behind two of the most exciting and innovative companies in the world, and as a result (for the time being) he’s the richest man in the world. I suspect he’s now over his skis and learning the hard way that ego and ambition (and unreal amounts of hubris) without proper checks, will humble the most talented and hard working people. I don’t like whatever he’s become of late, and I’m positive that the Twitter purchase was a giant ego trip mistake egged on by likeminded ideologues and sycophants. But I don’t think it’s necessary to diminish the guy’s accomplishments and talents in order to note that he’s a very flawed human being. Both can be true.

Last edited:

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
He obviously did everything he could to try and get out of buying it. But he had to go through with it in the end.

I don't think it bodes well.

Its like an arranged marriage where you turn up at the wedding and find you really don't like your new spouse.
A lifetime of harmony is highly unlikely.

And the way he's gone about the first couple of weeks it's almost like he now wants it to fail.

I am Musk neutral.....
Never had a Tesla or Twitter account. Think he is incredibly gifted and equally incredibly annoying. Think his fan base are cult like disciples (cult with no 'n').
But doubt I would be driving my Taycan yet without him.

I will watch from afar with interest.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
buying a (almost) bankrupt company for 44 billion does not sound "genius" but this guy ,so far, seems pretty good at making lead into gold..it will be a fun ride (unless you work at Twitter)
Dumb guy, lucky a couple of times. He will not be the first rich guy on paper ending up broke in prison.

Check out thunderf00t on YT...
Sponsored