Sport design package in high gloss black

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I was just paying with the configurator, specing out a Turbo. The turbo has a $900 option “exterior package painted in high gloss black”. This appears to be the same as the 4S option “sport design package in high gloss black”. Does anyone know - are these the same? Has anyone seen this? Seems like it would look nice on a white car. And what a price difference! This is the kind of thing that tempts one to just upgrade to the Turbo after all the options and their relative costs.
Sponsored

TIM

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes!
Country flag
Hi,

The "exterior package painted in high gloss black" as you have noted is not available for the 4S and it's different from the “sport design package in high gloss black” which has extra body styling.

Here after you'll find a visual comparison of the exterior packages

Front view "4S without option "
Porsche Taycan Sport design package in high gloss black 20200208_215959

Front view "Turbo without option"
Porsche Taycan Sport design package in high gloss black Screenshot_20200208-212644_Samsung Internet

Front view "with exterior package painted in high gloss black"
Porsche Taycan Sport design package in high gloss black Screenshot_20200208-212917_Samsung Internet

Front view "with sport design package in high gloss black"
Porsche Taycan Sport design package in high gloss black Screenshot_20200208-213132_Samsung Internet

Rear view "4S without option"
Porsche Taycan Sport design package in high gloss black Screenshot_20200208-220359_Samsung Internet

Rear view "Turbo without option"
Porsche Taycan Sport design package in high gloss black Screenshot_20200208-212720_Samsung Internet

Rear view "with exterior package painted in high gloss black"
Porsche Taycan Sport design package in high gloss black Screenshot_20200208-212844_Samsung Internet

Rear view "with sport design package in high gloss black"
Porsche Taycan Sport design package in high gloss black Screenshot_20200208-213208_Samsung Internet

Top view "4S without option"
Porsche Taycan Sport design package in high gloss black Screenshot_20200208-220700_Samsung Internet

Top view "Turbo without option"
Porsche Taycan Sport design package in high gloss black Screenshot_20200208-212750_Samsung Internet

Top view "with exterior package painted in high gloss black"
Porsche Taycan Sport design package in high gloss black Screenshot_20200208-212951_Samsung Internet

Top view "with sport design package in high gloss black"
Porsche Taycan Sport design package in high gloss black Screenshot_20200208-213234_Samsung Internet

I have not a final specification (writing to see if HUD AND 22 kW will be available in 06/2020) but I have the same opinion that the "exterior package painted in high gloss black" tends to give a sleeker line, I will not go for sport design as I prefer the design of the "normal" air curtain and I'm not sure if the air curtains from the sport design are also painted in high gloss black. Also curious to see the 4S without optional exterior package

Last edited:
OP
OP

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Thanks Phillipe, for taking the time to put that together! Very helpful. (I think you made one mistake - the rear view of the 4S is showing a Turbo).

I'd also like to see some real-life pics of the sport design package. I just changed my order for a 4S to a Turbo. I did specify the sport design package. It's hard to tell from your pictures which I actually prefer, and it's an option I might cancel as I get closer to my freeze date. But, in general, I think having a lot of black details in a white car looks nice.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I've said this in another thread, but the high gloss black running boards looked absolutely terrible at the Frankfurt show. All sorts of swirls and scratches. The standard Turbo S carbon fiber skirts looked great.

OP
OP

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Yikes. Really? That's not good. I wish I could see it, but based on what you say I guess I'll take that option out of my build. Thanks.

sneksis911

First Name
Wald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG GT, XC90R
Country flag
Mhmmmm I got that too, Turbo silver w gloss back. Sticking to it as in lighter colors the paint on the side skirt and the back look weird to me. Do like front better without gloss black but you cant get gloss black only on skirt and back. I tried....

sneksis911

First Name
Wald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG GT, XC90R
Country flag
As for sport design front, pls check side view. looks bulky in a strange Tesla kind of way ;) IMHO

Of course all personal taste ....

jan

First Name
Jan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera S E-hybrid, Panamera 4 E-hybrid, Taycan 4S performance bat.
Country flag
Hi,

The "exterior package painted in high gloss black" as you have noted is not available for the 4S and it's different from the “sport design package in high gloss black” which has extra body styling.

Here after you'll find a visual comparison of the exterior packages

Front view "4S without option "
20200208_215959.jpg

Front view "Turbo without option"
Screenshot_20200208-212644_Samsung Internet.jpg

Front view "with exterior package painted in high gloss black"
Screenshot_20200208-212917_Samsung Internet.jpg

Front view "with sport design package in high gloss black"
Screenshot_20200208-213132_Samsung Internet.jpg

Rear view "4S without option"
Screenshot_20200208-220359_Samsung Internet.jpg

Rear view "Turbo without option"
Screenshot_20200208-212720_Samsung Internet.jpg

Rear view "with exterior package painted in high gloss black"
Screenshot_20200208-212844_Samsung Internet.jpg

Rear view "with sport design package in high gloss black"
Screenshot_20200208-213208_Samsung Internet.jpg

Top view "4S without option"
Screenshot_20200208-220700_Samsung Internet.jpg

Top view "Turbo without option"
Screenshot_20200208-212750_Samsung Internet.jpg

Top view "with exterior package painted in high gloss black"
Screenshot_20200208-212951_Samsung Internet.jpg

Top view "with sport design package in high gloss black"
Screenshot_20200208-213234_Samsung Internet.jpg

I have not a final specification (writing to see if HUD AND 22 kW will be available in 06/2020) but I have the same opinion that the "exterior package painted in high gloss black" tends to give a sleeker line, I will not go for sport design as I prefer the design of the "normal" air curtain and I'm not sure if the air curtains from the sport design are also painted in high gloss black. Also curious to see the 4S without optional exterior package
Hello Tim,
I went to the Porsche factory last week.
I have chosen the full sports package of high-gloss black, but was disappointed that the front spoiler did not have the same appearance as the turbo. At Porsche Exclusive I asked that question: This would be one of the additional options for the update model. They could not tell me if it was adaptable after delivery.

Reactions: TIM

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
Hello Tim,
I have chosen the full sports package of high-gloss black, but was disappointed that the front spoiler did not have the same appearance as the turbo. At Porsche Exclusive I asked that question: This would be one of the additional options for the update model. They could not tell me if it was adaptable after delivery.

I also would like to know if any of the sport design options are available after delivery, who else really likes it?

karllord

First Name
karl lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Plus .997 Turbo Gen2 6sp. Cayenne S
Country flag
Hello Tim,
Hi Tim

I have the 4Splus with gloss black sport design and was also dispointed it didnt get the gloss black lower from spoiler side trims the same as the turbo . It looks like you manged to sorce the parts to up grade from your picture . What did it cost ?

andrewh3

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have the sport design package, gloss black on a 4S. I have to say I thought the gloss black was a nice addition which enhanced the looks. I have not noticed any swirls or marks, but I will now check closely! The front side vents are matt black, not gloss - personally I was not that fussed about the sport design package and would not have ordered it ($10,000 option in Australia), however, I like the gloss black additions and it does make my car a little more unusual - I have not seen any others with the sport package in Sydney.

andrewh3

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Just checked my front - no gloss black! I see what others mean - would have been nicer to have had this and odd that Porsche did not include it as part of the package on the 4S as it is a very expensive option. I have seen the CF on a turbo in Ice Grey and that did look nice, especially at the back.
Sponsored