Standard parking option vs reverse camera vs 360 parking?

OP
OP
Nickj

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
Just wandered whether you went for the camera in the end and how useful it was - I am thinking going for standard rather than reverse camera as it was fine on previous cars - although as stated if the visibility is poor I am tempted to go for it
Yes, ordered in end. Visibility is very poor and car is long and wide. Cameras are a bit strange, and take some getting used to and is early days but think I pleased I spec’d them. Was hoping for cameras that showed left right when nudging a junction but can’t see this facility. Have not got into detail yet, but not much functionality that I can see.
Sponsored

stevie

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bmw
Country flag
Based on the issues you mention with the camera Does the reverse camera option (not surround) offer much more over the standard sensors you get ?

OP
OP
Nickj

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
Based on the issues you mention with the camera Does the reverse camera option (not surround) offer much more over the standard sensors you get ?
Hi, if that q is for me, not sure on reverse camera vs sensors. Business partner has just sensors and seems to cope ok. Reverse camera give piece of mind in my opinion as without it you are pretty much just guessing with some added beeps. Don’t let my view put you off 360, it’s just not as good as some of 360 cameras eg merc that lets you see out of junctions ( although not sure if the extra park assist 360 does this, I have the £1000 or so 360). 360 adds load as you can see curbs and gives an overview of the car and let’s you see if in spaces and this is useful given the size of the car. I don’t regret spacing it. Think it seems to have 4 cameras that limits what it can do, but all the same very useful still.
Sponsored