Strange charge status

Taycanturbolondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
prerequisite: no charging profiles

So I left my car on the PMCC charger over the weekend. Surprised to see it at 97% this morning and not 100%. I drove 3.5 miles to work and parked up for around 8 hours (not charging). The car was on 99% charge on my return which was weird. Drove it home 3.5 miles and now it’s on 96%.

all driving on relatively flat central london roads so no opportunity for massive recuperation
Sponsored

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
prerequisite: no charging profiles

So I left my car on the PMCC charger over the weekend. Surprised to see it at 97% this morning and not 100%. I drove 3.5 miles to work and parked up for around 8 hours (not charging). The car was on 99% charge on my return which was weird. Drove it home 3.5 miles and now it’s on 96%.

all driving on relatively flat central london roads so no opportunity for massive recuperation
You did not tell us how warm it was the day you drove it and then charged. How hot was the battery at that stage. And what was the temperature during the night when the car was standing?

I think it is influenced by temperature/

I have seen similar behaviour with both my EVs in hot weather in the daytime. The last charge I did was after driving the car in the morning, hot day and battery was about30 degrees when parking. Charged the car in the afternoon to 80% and saw this on the display when I collected a paper from the car in the evening. The next morning the battery was 78% even if the car was still plugged in. The day was hot and after driving in the afternoon the car again showed 80%.