Suggestions for SF Bay Area PPF and Ceramic Coat Installation?

Christ0pherus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, 718 Boxster GTS
Country flag
Hey NorCal friends, I’m looking for a reputable vendor for PPF and ceramic coat installation for my incoming Taycan GTS, preferably in the San Mateo area. Anyone have recommendations?

Also, is installing PPF on the windshield a good idea?

Thanks to chronic construction work and an insufferable amount of dump trucks, my BMW M340i consistently gets pummeled by tiny rock chips on the 101 freeway and now I have 6 nicks in my hood and bumper, plus a bunch of tiny windshield stars. Good times. I know PPF and a ceramic coat will not prevent this but at least it’s easier to restore when it does happen. At this rate, I feel like I’m never gonna drive the Taycan on a busy highway ?. Can anyone else empathize or am I just being nuts?
Sponsored

Last edited:

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
Hey NorCal friends, I’m looking for a reputable vendor for PPF and ceramic coat installation for my incoming Taycan GTS, preferably in the San Mateo area. Anyone have recommendations?

Thanks to chronic construction work and an insufferable amount of dump trucks, my BMW M340i consistently gets pummeled by tiny rock chips on the 101 freeway and now I have 6 nicks in my hood and bumper, plus a bunch of tiny windshield stars. Good times. I know PPF and a ceramic coat will not prevent this but at least it’s easier to restore when it does happen. At this rate, I feel like I’m never gonna drive the Taycan on a busy highway ?. Can anyone else empathize or am I just being nuts?
PM me - I have a guy - and people have gone back to him for other cars after having it done.

VA_CT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Macan, 2022 4CT
Country flag
I would recommend PFS nor cal. I did my ppf and ceramic coating on my 4CT. They did an awesome job on my car.

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Windshield protection film is a very different material from PPF used on the car body. I have STEK DYNOflex on my windshield and it's taken a lot of rock hits over several thousand miles with no damage. There may be worthy competitor products out there but I went with the one my shop recommends. Film + install costs close to $1,000, but compare to the wait for a new windshield plus sensor alignments, and the annoyance of driving around with a growing windshield crack while waiting.

timo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS, Sequoia
Country flag
Hi from San Carlos

It's just something we have to deal with around here. My cars get hammered by small rocks. My incoming GTS will be a significant jump in daily driver price so I will be installing PPF and probably windshield protection. I'm not going to adjust my driving habits though.

jenzfc

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan, 2022 Polestar 2
Country flag
BMW Concord Collision in Concord, they do Xpel PPF, Xpel window tint, etc.

elizabethtune

First Name
Elizabeth Tune
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tycaan porsceh
Country flag

Hey Christ0pherus,
you can DM me. I will suggest you the top paint protection installer in the bay area for your incoming tycan GTS.

VA_CT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Macan, 2022 4CT
Country flag

PFS Norcal. They did an awesome job on my 4CT. Kevin is the guy who runs the place.
Sponsored