PPF installers in the Bay Area?

VA_CT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Macan, 2022 4CT
Country flag
I worked w/ Protective Film Solutions in Redwood City to repair the front PPF on my Taycan last year. They did an awesome job. They're not cheap, but they're consistently recommended by my friends who drive exotic cars as the best shop in the area.
Thanks. I am taking my car to them once it delivers. They are tad expensive. You get what you pay for :) Do you know if they have rental?
Sponsored

hkarthik

First Name
Karthik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S White
Country flag
Just got my white 4S wrapped by Aegis in Dublin, CA: https://autoprodetailing.com

Cost me around $8700 for full body XPEL PPF + ceramic window tint + ceramic coat. They also did paint correction and helped touch up a few scratches since car was a dealer demo. My wife who isn't normally a car person commented on how great the car looked.

Ask for Yvette, she's great to work with and will explain everything and text pictures of the car as it's being done, as well as how to take care of it.

rcoday123

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I checked out a score of PPF installers all over the Bay Area before settling on Marin Auto Detailing. Pedro and his crew were fanatically and obsessively devoted to doing the most professional full PPF job on my Taycan 4s. And they're experienced, having done a fair number of Taycans besides mine. I couldn't recommend them more highly. Tell them I sent you if you reach out.

One more thing, book your appointment early as they are crazy busy.

https://marinautodetailing.com/

6287E4F5-5F64-4026-95FE-3CB0E8E17AA6.jpeg

59641A8F-5BCD-4D7C-B3B7-BE3D6522E27B.jpeg
Beautiful, what color is this?

rcoday123

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I checked out a score of PPF installers all over the Bay Area before settling on Marin Auto Detailing. Pedro and his crew were fanatically and obsessively devoted to doing the most professional full PPF job on my Taycan 4s. And they're experienced, having done a fair number of Taycans besides mine. I couldn't recommend them more highly. Tell them I sent you if you reach out.

One more thing, book your appointment early as they are crazy busy.

https://marinautodetailing.com/

6287E4F5-5F64-4026-95FE-3CB0E8E17AA6.jpeg

59641A8F-5BCD-4D7C-B3B7-BE3D6522E27B.jpeg

Swissmister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s, Macan S
Country flag
I used Pedro at Marin Auto Detailing as well. He did a great job - I recommend him as well.

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Full PPF at this point will cost you 6500 to 8000 depending on the product. The quality of both will be severely compromised if you are paying much less than that. Both matter a lot. So, if you get a quote for 3K for a full PPF and then have to remove it in a year or 2 (or it removes itself), how much is it really costing you?

New products on the market today have incredible self healing and hydrophobic properties. And, they have introduced some incredible color change products as well. Im converting my volcano grey into a nardo grey with Stek PPF and cant say enough about the results.

Better than any paint Ive seen. And, bulletproof!

Porsche Taycan PPF installers in the Bay Area? IMG_3705

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Full PPF at this point will cost you 6500 to 8000 depending on the product. The quality of both will be severely compromised if you are paying much less than that. Both matter a lot. So, if you get a quote for 3K for a full PPF and then have to remove it in a year or 2 (or it removes itself), how much is it really costing you?

New products on the market today have incredible self healing and hydrophobic properties. And, they have introduced some incredible color change products as well. Im converting my volcano grey into a nardo grey with Stek PPF and cant say enough about the results.

Better than any paint Ive seen. And, bulletproof!

IMG_3705.jpeg
here is the final product. Keep in mind a couple of things:

- this is colored PPF, not wrap (wrap is very thin, not protective, and fails pretty quickly)
- this is HIGHLY hydrophobic so a coat or coatings or ceramic are unnecessary
- this is all custom cut; no seams and looks like high quality paint (installers matter)

Done at Elite Customs in Concord, CA

Porsche Taycan PPF installers in the Bay Area? View recent photos

NFBJRD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan GTS
Country flag
On Rennlist someone recommended a guy named Fernando @ Clear Mask. He’s based out of Redwood City and apparently does work for Porsche Redwood City.

He’s quoting me $3500 for the full front + four doors, which is undercutting other people by a good amount.

His IG handle is Clear_Mask.

Does anyone have any experience with him?

coop

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Someone else mentioned Aegis in Dublin. I just went there as well, and I'm very happy with the results. Full PPF and Ceramic, took just over 2 weeks. Yvette was great to work with, she sent some video updates of the car at different points to show the progress.

https://autoprodetailing.com/

Porsche Taycan PPF installers in the Bay Area? IMG_0440

violuma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 RWD
Country flag
OCDetailing
They are on my shortlist as well (along with Golden State Auto Salon in San Mateo). So far, the responsiveness over email has been phenomenal, including bothering to respond to my initial inquiry at something like 2100 on a random weeknight within 30 minutes, and not just with robogenerated boilerplate, but actually directly addressing my questions.

Given the sheer volume of work that seems to go through that shop, one thing I'm curious about is how much actual hands-on QC gets performed by the people who are frequently referenced by all of the glowing recs one sees on various internet fora (I see the names Joe and Alex a lot). This sort of work seems to be highly dependent on the actual individuals doing the work/inspections, so I'm trying to figure out how much I can rely on reviews of people who might not actually be dealing with my specific car very much.

Can you shine any light on that? TIA.

new2porsche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SQ7, 458, V60 P
Country flag
They are on my shortlist as well (along with Golden State Auto Salon in San Mateo). So far, the responsiveness over email has been phenomenal, including bothering to respond to my initial inquiry at something like 2100 on a random weeknight within 30 minutes, and not just with robogenerated boilerplate, but actually directly addressing my questions.

Given the sheer volume of work that seems to go through that shop, one thing I'm curious about is how much actual hands-on QC gets performed by the people who are frequently referenced by all of the glowing recs one sees on various internet fora (I see the names Joe and Alex a lot). This sort of work seems to be highly dependent on the actual individuals doing the work/inspections, so I'm trying to figure out how much I can rely on reviews of people who might not actually be dealing with my specific car very much.

Can you shine any light on that? TIA.
I’ve used OCDetailing for a few different cars (some very high-end and some standard) and I can assure you Joe and his team check every aspect of their work prior to delivering the finished product. He’s a bit OCD himself and does NOT let sub-par work out of his shop. At C&Cs I’ve seen work from a bunch of other shops in the Bay Area and none have come close to quality of Joe’s @OCD. Wrapped/tucked edges and full correction before they wrap makes a huge difference. I cannot recommend them enough.
Sponsored