Switchover to Model Year 2023 When?

BJCanadaMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo, MINI SE, Toyota Prius
Country flag
Well, the allocation was already based on MY23, so technically didn’t increase, was always at 2023 base price (which is an increase of 2022).
Interesting. Cause 2023 was only released few weeks back. And i just placed my order base on that. I do want a year wait to save up for downpayment for the CT. But never expected a 2023 allocation so fast

kloisdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Interesting. Cause 2023 was only released few weeks back. And i just placed my order base on that. I do want a year wait to save up for downpayment for the CT. But never expected a 2023 allocation so fast
Yep, SA called me on May 6 that they had just received the configurable allocation and 10% deposit ($20k) would be required to hold it/assign it to us. Freeze is/was 2 weeks later (May 20), still going back and forth on a few options.

RMB

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
Model year. As far as product planning, which is when dealer gets notice of product changes, are typically now....late April or early May. Then allocation for ensuing year is given to dealer and they can order in June. Production may start sometime mid to late July with a 2 week+ shutdown in August. How do I know this? I've picked up two tourist delivery purchases at Leipzig, a 2005 July 31, 2004 and a 2014 on Aug 2, 2013.
Of course, this could all be altered due to the circumstances of WAR, supply chain delays and the chip shortage, albeit VW wants to ensure that their most profitable vehicles such as Porsche, Bentley and Lamborghini obtain the necessary parts first for production.
Love Glasgow! My great grandfather emigrated to Canada from there and then to Washington state in US. Family were shipbuilders..Hillyard or Hilyard.

Last edited:

G7SUM

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST 2023
Country flag
Model year. As far as product planning, which is when dealer gets notice of product changes, are typically now....late April or early May. Then allocation for ensuing year is given to dealer and they can order in June. Production may start sometime mid to late July with a 2 week+ shutdown in August. How do I know this? I've picked up two tourist delivery purchases at Leipzig, a 2005 July 31, 2004 and a 2014 on Aug 2, 2013.
Of course, this could all be altered due to the circumstances of WAR, supply chain delays and the chip shortage, albeit VW wants to ensure that their most profitable vehicles such as Porsche, Bentley and Lamborghini obtain the necessary parts first for production.
Love Glasgow! My great grandfather emigrated to Canada from there and then to Washington state in US. Family were shipbuilders..Hillyard or Hilyard.
So what are the changes for MY23 exactly. Other than new colour options, updated PCM etc.

Bognar67

First Name
Janos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
T M3P 2019, Taycan GTS 2022, i4 40 MS 2024
Country flag
So what are the changes for MY23 exactly. Other than new colour options, updated PCM etc.
Best question! - Nothing. Pardon, one character will be changed on the VIN. Actually no updated PCM (That happened in Feb, independently from MY change), and no new color.

In fact GTS is exactly the same with the same options as well MY22/23. Other model's option list slightly changed.

Should be forgotten the MY 'game'.
Two stages matters: refresh (XXX.2 model) and new model (XXX.1).

EU car makers are not in the MY game practically. It is US thing. OK sometimes they exude something minor, because it is a requirement from US customers historically, based on the old practice of US traditional car makers.

EDIT: Ex EU countries receive relatively significant price increase next to MY23.

Last edited:

friskygeek

First Name
faisal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GTS ST (on order), '22 Macan, Cirrus SR22
Country flag
Mind if I ask you how long you waited in line for this allocation? I just put my name on a couple of dealers' list for an allocation and was told not to expect an allocation until at least September.

RMB

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
Supply and demand situation. They didn't change virtually anything except add the panoramic roof with adjustable light option for the Taycan and raise the base price $4k U.S.

BJCanadaMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yep, SA called me on May 6 that they had just received the configurable allocation and 10% deposit ($20k) would be required to hold it/assign it to us. Freeze is/was 2 weeks later (May 20), still going back and forth on a few options.
Ah... ok. so technically. the price did increase cause if you had an order already, then it would had been 2022 model
Mind if I ask you how long you waited in line for this allocation? I just put my name on a couple of dealers' list for an allocation and was told not to expect an allocation until at least September.
i told them to deliver at least May or June next year. I need the time. In the mean time i need to Hypnotize myself to forget about the order. Of course not spend a dime along the way.

BJCanadaMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I worry my MY2023 order gets turned in MY2024 and i have to pay more. I am aiming for may or june next year for delivery.
Sponsored