louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
I got head-faked by the Petro-Canada website. It says they have a DC Fast charger here in Salmon Arm. Not quite. They do have a Level 2 charger. Thanks. Not really helpful unless I was sleeping over.

Found a nearby 50kW charger. Will get a partial charge then move on to find something faster down the road.

Snow wasn’t too bad. Some drove very slow. Some drove faster. The car did great.

And I just drove 208 miles on one charge, with 30 miles of range remaining. In the snow. But, it was a descent of about 3000 feet in elevation.

Porsche Taycan Taking One Lap of the Country in my Taycan Turbo - 10k miles in 6 weeks Cross-Country Journal DD86CA58-77F9-4749-89BD-1DBA10A02297
Sponsored

OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Are you able to turn off the haptic feedback so it is more like an iPad or is it an "ON" only feature (again you can deselect it in the Audi)
I actually like the haptic feedback.
I have no idea if it can be turned off.

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 ST E-Hybrid; planned Taycan CT4
Country flag
I hate that the audio system defaults back to FM radio if the previous source went away. Example: I have 10,000 tracks on a 128GB USB stick. It takes a while to parse that data... I get that. If I was listening to that, and I shut the car off to charge it, or grab dinner, when I come back it wants to re-parse the stick... but since it isn’t ready yet, it goes to FM radio. I NEVER listen to FM radio while driving on long trips. Never. And it always ends up on some random thing I really didn’t want to hear.
I use an SD card instead of a USB stick for my music and it works fine, and comes on quickly. Isn't there an SD port in the Taycan?

OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Coincidence? I hope so. So, I just found the Petro-Canada 350kW charging stations in Kamloops. Pull up. Connect. Authorize & pay. And then walk inside the A&W to use the bathroom and then get a burger.

Weird. The lights are out in the bathroom. All except the emergency light. I wash up and walk out to order some food and all the workers are buzzing about. Their power has just gone out.

Just as my car started charging.

Huh.

I hope I didn’t just blow a big-ass breaker and take down the whole gas station, restaurant, and car chargers.

I think I’ll just go back and sit in my car now. And wait for the charging station to reboot. Hopefully soon.

Porsche Taycan Taking One Lap of the Country in my Taycan Turbo - 10k miles in 6 weeks Cross-Country Journal AFB50EB7-10B4-4077-A6A1-D7DA36DFD999

OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I use an SD card instead of a USB stick for my music and it works fine, and comes on quickly. Isn't there an SD port in the Taycan?
No SD card slot that I’ve found. Just the 4 USB C ports. The two in back are always live. The two in the center console are powered on and off with the car.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
oppps

Chowster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4S
Country flag
Coincidence? I hope so. So, I just found the Petro-Canada 350kW charging stations in Kamloops. Pull up. Connect. Authorize & pay. And then walk inside the A&W to use the bathroom and then get a burger.

Weird. The lights are out in the bathroom. All except the emergency light. I wash up and walk out to order some food and all the workers are buzzing about. Their power has just gone out.

Huh.

I hope I didn’t just blow a big-ass breaker and take down the whole gas station, restaurant, and car chargers.

I think I’ll just go back and sit in my car now. And wait for the charging station to reboot. Hopefully soon.
LMAO! Funny, but not funny. Sorry!

BC Hydro app shows that the outage is gone, so hopefully you're back to charging!

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Well Don @louv, Vancouver looks really bleak for fast charging. I was scanning PlugShare and it seems the only one close was in Langley City and it has an outage. You'll probably have to deal with 50kW or L2 if spending the night anyway.

When you cross the border all will be MUCH better, first charger at https://www.plugshare.com/location/186843

You know in https://www.plugshare.com/ you can select filter to the CCS plug and set the charger speed to 120kW and then you see what ids Taycan friendly. :cool:

May your Happy Journey continue to unfold with minimal wrinkles....
Porsche Taycan Taking One Lap of the Country in my Taycan Turbo - 10k miles in 6 weeks Cross-Country Journal 1580977925772

Map of 120kW+ Chargers with PlugShare Score of 8+

Last edited:
OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It is a very very localized outage...

Screenshot_20200205-190702_Samsung Internet.jpg
Did you see the cause? “Other”. Because the pop-up menu for Outage Cause didn’t include “Louv”.

Porsche Taycan Taking One Lap of the Country in my Taycan Turbo - 10k miles in 6 weeks Cross-Country Journal 563C5832-4A0A-402D-9E24-13903C2AA468

OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
LMAO! Funny, but not funny. Sorry!

BC Hydro app shows that the outage is gone, so hopefully you're back to charging!
I found a local hotel that had a Level 2 charger. So the Taycan has been getting a slow 6kW Level 2 charge all night.

Ron R

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Porsche Cayman
Country flag

Huh.

AFB50EB7-10B4-4077-A6A1-D7DA36DFD999.jpeg
Wow, I don't think you could make this stuff up Don! It seems awfully coincidental... I would be really curious whether the power problem was due to you using their charger. At least you're able to charge it using Level 2.

DeciusCaeciliusMetellus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
Country flag
Wow, I don't think you could make this stuff up Don! It seems awfully coincidental... I would be really curious whether the power problem was due to you using their charger. At least you're able to charge it using Level 2.
There aren't any other cars that could charge with more than 150 kW on a CCS charger, so a @louv suddenly drawing 200+kW is almost certainly untested.
Sponsored