louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
yeah notification type would be nice. An example we updated x,y,z Never said frequent but based on what @louv has posted I assumed there would be at least one update in 3 months? having 1 or 2 a year to me isn't really an OTA but to each their own. FWIW tesla has done 1 update this year.
“OTA” is Over The Air. It only means the manner in which the software update is delivered. Not frequency or content.
Sponsored

reliev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3 LR
Country flag
I meant update Im a business software developer, edited. Didnt have my espresso yet. Time change always gets me first thing in the morning.
Also, I think the frequency will go up as more and more people use the software as far as I can tell the system looks similar tot he Audi etrons system and interface also with a lot more specifications. I dont think that has got an update either but I haven't really been following beside the occasional youtube videos.

OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Drove around finding charging stations and Keys (well, one key named Largo). Um. Yeah, that first charging station was at a WalMart in a neighborhood of Miami where every single house had bars on the windows and doors. It was a slightly different experience than cruising down A1A along the beach in Fort Lauderdale.

Florida drivers are seriously aggressive. Agro might be a better term. Outside of the German Autobahn, I’ve never seen more cars doing 100+ mph weaving in and out of freeway traffic. A couple of the cars were exotics, but most were econoboxes being driven in apparent anger.

And lots of idiots driving slowly in the fast last... uh, hey grampa, that diamond lane isn’t an HOV lane for you and granny except during weekday commute hours. I know, the signs are small, but you seem to be aggravating your fellow Floridians.

Porsche Taycan Taking One Lap of the Country in my Taycan Turbo - 10k miles in 6 weeks Cross-Country Journal 8F3B49A8-81C5-456C-A788-1B5298F31179
Porsche Taycan Taking One Lap of the Country in my Taycan Turbo - 10k miles in 6 weeks Cross-Country Journal 22A8137C-1663-4439-B95D-0247CBABCCF9
Porsche Taycan Taking One Lap of the Country in my Taycan Turbo - 10k miles in 6 weeks Cross-Country Journal 470E1F36-5593-4AF8-972E-E88D6B20AAB3
Porsche Taycan Taking One Lap of the Country in my Taycan Turbo - 10k miles in 6 weeks Cross-Country Journal 126E2A1D-EC05-4DE9-9945-3617F3A42401
Porsche Taycan Taking One Lap of the Country in my Taycan Turbo - 10k miles in 6 weeks Cross-Country Journal CD566F77-4382-4F56-B573-C2DBFEF00422
Porsche Taycan Taking One Lap of the Country in my Taycan Turbo - 10k miles in 6 weeks Cross-Country Journal 56DA78F2-BCC4-42EC-8A3E-1F166D1A3CB2

reliev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3 LR
Country flag
agreed whenever I get down to Dade county the worst part about people weaving in and out of traffic is it seems normal, also they dont use turn signals at all so you have no idea where they are going.

GAS X

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Model Y
Country flag
I was going to ask whether you were going to try Key West. I didn't notice chargers but a couple places you could have used the Tesla tap. Did I ( or anyone) mention the app PlugShare? Great in a pinch. I think that's how I found Gulfport Outlet mall and the destination chargers/J1772s located there. Thinking there might be a ton of people on the forum who may ultimately need it.

reliev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3 LR
Country flag
I've done the drive before there were superchargers there are a few restaurants that have tesla destination chargers that I used pretty good eating also.

OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I don’t have time to truly experience Key West on this trip. It will need to wait for another visit. Maybe one off-season.

If the Nav isn’t being helpful, I use the EA app first, to find me some free electrons. Then I use the ChargeHubEV app. Then occasionally, I’ll use PlugShare. Or a Google map search for “Tesla Destination Chargers” if I’m looking for a hotel.

what I want is an App that filters and finds “hotels with destination chargers”. So far, no one does that (to my knowledge).

OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yay software. The iOS “Connect” App from Porsche has been crashing on launch about 50% of the time for about a week now.

Not a huge inconvenience, but annoying. It always launches successfully the 2nd time.

Bugs. Without them, I’d never have been able afford a Porsche. :cool:

reliev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3 LR
Country flag
what I want is an App that filters and finds “hotels with destination chargers”. So far, no one does that (to my knowledge).
Can you download the tesla app without a login? it shows chargers I dont think there is a way to filter it but most of the time Hyatt beats out Marriot on destination chargers from my experience.

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 ST E-Hybrid; planned Taycan CT4
Country flag
BMW is slowly moving into more and more OTA updates. Not with the frequency of Tesla, though. I think others will do the same, but I agree, at a slower pace.

As for Release Notes (to the customer), I hope so... But I’m not holding my breath. Example: I keep getting Map Data updates in the car... but it never tells me what data is being updated: What region? POIs? EV stations?
Yeah, I want the automaker of my car to tell me what updates they want to upload to the car, and why, with details, and let me answer if I want the upload or not. I don't like Tesla's model, in which people get shocked (sometimes unpleasantly) by new changes to their cars showing up unexpectedly.

OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Passifier

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN TURBO in production - (Tesla S-SOLD), Cayenne, MB 300 SUV
Country flag
Have you been through Naples yet ?

OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Passifier

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN TURBO in production - (Tesla S-SOLD), Cayenne, MB 300 SUV
Country flag
No. I’m not allowed in Naples. Court order.

Just Kidding.
Our house is open but my car now not here till 4/24.
Love your pics and comments- have a safe trip back to Maine. If you are crossing Alligator Alley, you can recharge at my house just 5 minutes off 75.

Ron
Sponsored