Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
That’s cool. Bet you need some processing power to create that.

Chuck J

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Silver Taycan 4S, 2012 991 911 (sold), 1995 993 (Gave to son) 1965 356 (gave to son)
Country flag
Very cool indeed! And my color!

Chuck J

glennkreisel

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Tesla Roadster, taycan turbo
Country flag
I wonder if Porsche will adopt this 3d modelling to showcase their cars....

WOW! that is impressive! how would you interact with that via a UI? Do you have a BETA setup that we could use?

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
WOW! that is impressive! how would you interact with that via a UI? Do you have a BETA setup that we could use?
The Porsche "AR Visualizer" app available for Android and iOS does most of this. It's very nice. You even give it your Porsche build code to render your car in your driveway.

The only major downside is that it cannot do the moon roof just like the 3D option in the configuration web site does not render the moon roof. Also it's a bit pixilated, but you can open doors and open rear wing etc.

But other than that it's quite nice.
I installed it on my phone months ago to play vicariously awaiting a car. :cool:

Here is an example rendering at a house I was considering buying.
Porsche Taycan Taycan 3d Model 1584230213834

Last edited:

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
AutoDesk does offer a 30-day free trial for the software. (make sure you are sitting down when you look at the price to rent it per year)
But I'm not sure where you would get the model data.

Jenner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
25? Tesla Roadster/22 Tesla MYP/21 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
cannot do the moon roof just like the 3D option in the configuration web site does not render the moon roof.
Huh?

Porsche Taycan Taycan 3d Model outside
Porsche Taycan Taycan 3d Model insdie

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hello @Jenner Wow they added support I guess. So when I go into the US configurator on a NEW 4S I see what you see in 3D mode. However if I load my configuration which MUST have Pano roof in the USA and shows Pano in 2D but when I switch to 3D I don't see it.
I suppose I need to start a NEW configuration and select everything again. Which I have 36 options selected: PLS76MM4
Now with all the discussion on PTV+ I may be changing again and as I just heard today my delivery slipped to Nov :( I guess I have time to make changes. Thanks for the heads up though. I wanted to see the Roof in this tool and I hope the Porsche AR tool will also show it after I fix config.
Porsche Taycan Taycan 3d Model 1588882223334

Jenner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hello @Jenner Wow they added support I guess. So when I go into the US configurator on a NEW 4S I see what you see in 3D mode. However if I load my configuration which MUST have Pano roof in the USA and shows Pano in 2D but when I switch to 3D I don't see it.
I'm in the US too and it has always been like this for me. I have the opposite issue. My Taycan order is on hold because I DON'T want the pano roof and am waiting for the aluminum one. I prefer to see it WITHOUT the pano roof and in order to do this I have to look at my build on the german site to see it in 3D since the pano roof is forced in the US. That's how I know the pano roof has always been there from the start on the US site..

Last edited:

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I'm in the US too and it has always been like this for me. I have the opposite issue. My Taycan order is on hold because I DON'T want the pano roof and am waiting for the aluminum one. I prefer to see it WITHOUT the pano roof and in order to do this I have to look at my build on the german site to see it in 3D since the pano roof is forced in the US. That's how I know the pano roof has always been there from the start on the US site..
Try looking up my code above. You will see a 3D view with a solid roof.

Jenner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Try looking up my code above. You will see a 3D view with a solid roof.
Looks like a bad Porsche Code to me. When I load it, it says its silver with a pano roof and turbo wheels but the graphic shows a black Taycan with aluminum roof and default wheels.

I expect this is due to all the little changes they have made along the way. Just rebuild it, get a new code and you should be fine.

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Looks like a bad Porsche Code to me. When I load it, it says its silver with a pano roof and turbo wheels but the graphic shows a black Taycan with aluminum roof and default wheels.

I expect this is due to all the little changes they have made along the way. Just rebuild it, get a new code and you should be fine.
I agree just need a rebuild, I will do that soon. The issue no doubt is that my builds started 10/18/19 and I just kept tweaking from there. I am also in the software business school familiar with backward comparability issues.
Thanks again for pointing out that the feature to render correct roof is there. I was so surprised that I didn't see it.

Last edited:

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
@Jenner It must be one of my 36 options. I started from scratch and even changed my mind on body color now Volcano Grey. See code PLWWD5K4 with a 3D image of
Porsche Taycan Taycan 3d Model 1588996710981

And a 2D view of
Porsche Taycan Taycan 3d Model 1588996761988

I am not looking forward to a binary search on 36 options. ;-)
Or I guess I leave 3D view up as I select options, but that makes my MacBookPro run hot.
**UPDATE** As soon as I select "Premium Package" the Pano rood goes away, wild as Pano roof is one of the included items in the Premium Package.
**UPDATE 2** 5/12/2020 I have sent the message into Porsche about this defect that shows in the Configurator & AR Visualizer.

Last edited: