Taycan 4S tuning - hypothetically

Electron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche, Audi
Country flag
More important (to me) is warranty...would Porsche take their hands off one tuned?
Cheers
I agree with the warranty concern. I don’t want to lose the 8 year / 80k mile battery coverage.
Sponsored

okkotonushi

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+, Porsche 992S, Genesis GV60
Country flag
For a GTS definitely worth it...for the 4s I will wait a bit, matter of time before this will be offered by numerous tuners.
More important (to me) is warranty...would Porsche take their hands off one tuned?
Cheers
Always off if they would know it 😎 but they can’t see it. Only Weissach guys have the chance to find it if they expect tuning and they don’t have time for this….

Last edited:

okkotonushi

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+, Porsche 992S, Genesis GV60
Country flag
@okkotonushi I’m curious in your conversations with them if they explained at all whether motor and inverters become a limit on longer durations like at the track? I’m not concerned about the battery as you explained that discharge rate is no more than a turbo but on the 4S, when pushed to thermal limits is the battery still the limiting factor and hits thermal limits first or is it the smaller rear motor? Or have they even tested it to the point that thermal limits are reached? I did not get a response from Ute for these questions over email so maybe you have better luck. Thanks.
I wouldn’t tune for track days. For track days buy Turbo our turbo directly

Electron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche, Audi
Country flag
Always off if they would know it 😎 but they can’t see it. Only Weissach guys have the chance to find it if they expect tuning and they don’t have time for this…
Don’t assume Porsche won’t start looking for firmware tampering. It’s relatively easy for them to detect module firmware changes based on checksums, using either PSTS2 or even in-car software. Just assume you will lose your warranty and then be pleasantly surprised if you don’t if doing this mod.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I wouldn’t tune for track days. For track days buy Turbo our turbo directly
I had a day with a Turbo and a Turbo S driving the Silverstone International CIrcuit. Full charge provided a theoretical 30 miles range driving at maximum effort, before power output declines from around 15% charge. However, actual range per session fell to less than 10 miles, due to power output getting dialled back when battery temperature reached 55C. Thankfully I was allocated 2 cars, so while I was lapping in one, the other was charging and cooling down. Fun though it was (and I'm booked to do it again in September), the performance duration made the on-track experience more like F1 quali sessions than a track day, which would provided a better development opportunity.
Sponsored