Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S - 2020
Country flag
At the end of the day it's really just the speed difference. There's nothing else you can't spec in while still saving a boatload of money.

But make no mistake, 3.8 to 4.8 is a HUGE jump. I mentioned in the other thread but what I'd recommend doing is test driving a Taycan 4S and then an iPace. I expect the Taycan 4 to have very similar acceleration to the iPace. Just imagine the Taycan's driving dynamics with the iPace's acceleration. This should give you a great idea whether you're going to be satisfied the 4 is "fast enough" for you.
I think the 4 is same speed as the rwd too so should give a good idea, if you can find one. I did a build in config and then swapped to 4 from 4s and it was 20k cheaper and still 32k in options. So about 20k more for 1s 0-60. If I get the 4s Im gonna put an app on my phone that tracks every time I go faster than 4.9 0-60 and show me the cost of each time so I can either hate or love that I paid the extra. Tesla is similar, basically for 10-30k depending on model you are just paying for the speed.
Sponsored

Pete85

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, X1 hybrid
Country flag
I think the 4 is same speed as the rwd too so should give a good idea, if you can find one. I did a build in config and then swapped to 4 from 4s and it was 20k cheaper and still 32k in options. So about 20k more for 1s 0-60. If I get the 4s Im gonna put an app on my phone that tracks every time I go faster than 4.9 0-60 and show me the cost of each time so I can either hate or love that I paid the extra. Tesla is similar, basically for 10-30k depending on model you are just paying for the speed.
I testdrove both the 4S and RWD Taycan. I was planning to order the RWD but after testdriving it opted for the 4S. And I don't even need 4-wheel drive. But the difference from 0-60 must be bigger than 1 second. It felt much more. Especially the torque was disappointing in the RWD. And there is a big difference in the numbers.
It depends on what you want but for me the 4S felt like a sportscar and the RWD a really well executed gentlemans car. My built for the Taycan RWD would have been 124 000 eur and the 4S became 142 000 eur, so a difference of 18k. Thats a lot but I know I would not have been happy with the RWD. Should get the 4S early June :)

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S - 2020
Country flag
I testdrove both the 4S and RWD Taycan. I was planning to order the RWD but after testdriving it opted for the 4S. And I don't even need 4-wheel drive. But the difference from 0-60 must be bigger than 1 second. It felt much more. Especially the torque was disappointing in the RWD. And there is a big difference in the numbers.
It depends on what you want but for me the 4S felt like a sportscar and the RWD a really well executed gentlemans car. My built for the Taycan RWD would have been 124 000 eur and the 4S became 142 000 eur, so a difference of 18k. Thats a lot but I know I would not have been happy with the RWD. Should get the 4S early June :)
Yeah I think for some it may be sufficient but seems like if you remotely like performance the RWD or 4 are kinda not worth it.(not to say they are bad options for others)

Chamo74

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
What do you get for the extra £8000 other than one second quicker to 62 mph
The 4S is significantly faster (not that the 4 is slow) plus many other goodies as stated by other enthusiasts.
I think it’s well worth the 5-6% difference in price.
My 2 cents

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
The 4S is significantly faster (not that the 4 is slow) plus many other goodies as stated by other enthusiasts.
I think it’s well worth the 5-6% difference in price.
My 2 cents
The prices must be really different around the world. In Belgium a CT 4 is 96k and a 4S is 115k. The only additional option is PDLS +. It is almost 20% more expensive.
Sponsored