Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks for the list.

I am adding below my post in a different thread:

To OP and anyone who has not yet picked up car at dealer, follow @W1NGE ‘s advice:
W1NGE said:
Don't accept delivery of the car unless you can log into the car with your Porsche Connect ID and the app can pick up your car - insist on it.
When this is done properly, the light on SOS call button on car will be green, not red. It took dealer rep and me 30 minutes to get this working for my account, and 2 hours to get it working for wife's secondary account. And that was after I had gotten the email from Porsche and added new car to my PorscheID.

I went to dealer after car arrived just to sign financial paperwork and to get this stuff working 2 days before I drove the car home. Not easy. Had to do settings in the car, then go back to dealer's desktop computer to do things there on my myPorsche account.
Sponsored

Henke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Couple of things I learned from picking up my car:

1. although I took a USB c cable, the car was supplied with one in the frunk. My dealer set my phone up for wireless car play and the wireless charging also works so technically you don’t even need the USB c cable if everything else works

2. There was a problem logging into my account initially despite the green SOS light. The dealer had me complete the purchase paperwork while he involved his Taycan tech. To resolve the issue, we went into my Porsche password settings and added a PIN number. Then after logging in with the PIN, we disabled the PIN.This did the trick.

Parlorman

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
For those of you who live in the US and get to use the HOV/car pool lane in an EV, this is something else I would check with your dealer prior to picking up the car.

Pro tip - you are supposed to stick these ugly stickers on your rear bumper area, I've never done it in the 4 years of owning a Tesla and have never been stopped or questioned by the police (the stickers are in my glovebox if they ever do stop me),

Anyone with a Taycan comment on this? Do you stick your labels on the car and if not, have you ever been stopped? I am sure it is obvious to the cops that a Tesla is allowed to use HOV but they may be confused by the Taycan.
Here in Massachusetts you can (but don’t have to) get an EV plate that allows HOV lane use, preferred parking and meter free parking. It can be a conversation starter when folks notice the plate on a Porsche.

dcarls

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Cayman 2022 Taycan 4S 2021 Mercedes E
Country flag
I would add purchase Lithium trickle charger for 12 volt battery if you leave the vehicle for a few weeks - Ctek Lithium Charger