annieland

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S, '20 Stinger, '16 Pilot
Country flag
It was kind of amusing yesterday, having to convince a bunch of experienced Porsche enthusiasts that no, my car was NOT an investment, it WILL depreciate rapidly. I joined my local PCA and have been going to events and participated in a TSD Rally yesterday basically to continue practice driving the car (so fun!!!). But over lunch, all these hardcore ICE guys seemed to think I had some kind of unicorn, while I shifted the conversation to battery technology advancements, changes in the market, off-lease flooding, etc. I had to just leave it at, "Well, time will tell!"

Maybe it's just because my car looks so hot?? 🤣
Sponsored

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
It was kind of amusing yesterday, having to convince a bunch of experienced Porsche enthusiasts that no, my car was NOT an investment, it WILL depreciate rapidly. I joined my local PCA and have been going to events and participated in a TSD Rally yesterday basically to continue practice driving the car (so fun!!!). But over lunch, all these hardcore ICE guys seemed to think I had some kind of unicorn, while I shifted the conversation to battery technology advancements, changes in the market, off-lease flooding, etc. I had to just leave it at, "Well, time will tell!"

Maybe it's just because my car looks so hot?? 🤣
Maybe because they don't know the UK particular situation for example. It's a rare car in other parts of the globe and CPOs are here still almost at MRSP (maybe 5% less). Can't say the same in Germany where cpo's have dropped value because of the 2 year leasing returns.

In Portugal, last month (April), only 13 Taycans were sold nationwide (including imports). In the same period, 990 Teslas got their license plates. That's less than 1.4 Taycans for every 100 Teslas