Taycan GTS - Gentian Blue or Carmine Red?

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Despite its prestige saloon footprint, the Taycan's styling allows it to carry off livelier colours that'd look out of place on anything else other than a sports car. Even the Panamera can't manage that trick IMO.
Sponsored

darth_maul_80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 , Taycan GTS
Country flag
I might be biased but I’d say Carmine red. Gentian looks nice too but I think personally it looks it’s best like cherry metallic on a bright summers day and super clean.

I was picking my son up from school when a child from one of the upper years walked by and told his mum that my car is faster. She said it’s the same car and he turned round said it’s not mine is red so faster!!!

Pick the colour that appeals the most to you. I changed colours almost fortnightly with our CT but my GTS was only ever Carmine Red

kwrudy123

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Carmine red is a beautiful color but when it’s on a Porsche that is not a 911 or 718, it looks slightly out of place to me. All of the blues work well on the Taycan.

Caution: The GTS faithful will violently disagree and carmine red is popular within this community.
I beg to differ. Carmine Red is such a natural for any GTS and the shape and proportions of the Taycan are enhanced with the high contrast between the Carmine paint and the black accents.

Porsche Taycan Taycan GTS - Gentian Blue or Carmine Red? 1052eefd787d93dc15c2439f28ddb50d

Porsche Taycan Taycan GTS - Gentian Blue or Carmine Red? 042884c3ab423695e733868b7f16bf28

Bobzilla

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Merc Vito
Country flag
Either. I spec’d Gentian on mine, and raised the prospect of Carmine to my wife, who vetoed it. The problem with Carmine is that red is well known as a dick’s colour (meaning no offence to those who have chosen Carmine). Possibly 10 years ago I could have got away with Carmine, but as a mature 43 yo with kids, Gentian is a more civilised colour.

That said, my Honda Fireblade is red and I wouldn’t have any other colour for that.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Neptune blue
Sponsored