Rick Habicht

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 taycan 4s
Country flag
I left my key fob in the car while I charged at an Electricfy America station. I stayed outside of the car for 30 minutes, and when I tried to get back in, it was locked. Key in the cup holder. My Porsche app. did not allow me to unlock it, nor was Porsche North America able to help , saying the Taycan was not offered with the security package that allows over air unlock from Porsche or phone app. It seems odd that the car would automatically lock with the key in the car. Luckily I called home and my son brought my 2nd key fob. Any insight on why this happened or any advise to access locked car while key is in the car?
Sponsored

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I left my key fob in the car while I charged at an Electricfy America station. I stayed outside of the car for 30 minutes, and when I tried to get back in, it was locked. Key in the cup holder. My Porsche app. did not allow me to unlock it, nor was Porsche North America able to help , saying the Taycan was not offered with the security package that allows over air unlock from Porsche or phone app. It seems odd that the car would automatically lock with the key in the car. Luckily I called home and my son brought my 2nd key fob. Any insight on why this happened or any advise to access locked car while key is in the car?
Wow, that is totally wrong. No way it should lock with the key in the car, even if you tried to do it on purpose. I’m interested to hear the explanation. Are you going to look into it? Pls keep us posted.

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
Wow, that is totally wrong. No way it should lock with the key in the car, even if you tried to do it on purpose. I’m interested to hear the explanation. Are you going to look into it? Pls keep us posted.
Did this today in our garage.Taycan was plugged in the the PMCC (already fully charged) with key in front cup holder; turned car off; shut door; went in house and used Connect app to pre-heat car; ran to check car access after reading your predicament; car was unlocked! Wife reminded me the message displayed when shutting down tells you to take the key!

Was running this experiment to see how much the Taycan would raise the garage temperature (2 degrees F after one hour). May be celebrating Thanksgiving in shifts in our garage.
Sponsored