Edko207

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Panamera 4S, Navigator 18, Volvo CX40
Country flag
My Taycan Turbo S has been driven 609 miles, garage kept, only been charged through Porche original charger. Remain battery life was 87%.
I was trying to get in the car. But the remote was not operating. then, I have tried my other remote but unsuccessful.
I had to call the Porsche roadside assistance to tow my car to a local dealership. Tow trucker manually opens the car but the car would not function and he had a hard time pulling the car from my garage and bring the car to a local dealership. I'm so lucky that this happened at my house. It has been 5 days in service but they still did not find the problem. I have sent the email to Porsche in regard to this problem but I still did not get a response from them.

Like any other Taycan buyers, I was so concerned to switch from Panamera Hybrid Turbo S to Taycan. but I've made my mind to switch because it's Porche made. I do hope that this can be a minor problem so I can get my car fixed soon. But I'm extremely worried and very upset.

I'm sorry to bring this negative issue to your attention but I wanted to share this honest information with you.
Sponsored

MissionC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
You might want to catch-up on this thread about unintentional draining of the 12V battery. You also might want to ask your dealer if they noticed if the 12V battery had been depleted.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Edko207

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You might want to catch-up on this thread about unintentional draining of the 12V battery. You might want to ask your dealer if they noticed if the 12V battery had been depleted.
Thank you for your suggestion.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
I keep my cars and motorcycle on battery tenders. One of my other Porsches still has its original battery (7 years old). To avoid the issue with the 12V battery going flat, I have my Taycan plugged into a 800mA Battery Tender for Lithium batteries via the OBD II port with an adapter that is designed for low amperage use. I have had the car in the garage for 3-4 weeks at a time without any surprises when I start the car.
https://www.batterytender.com/Batte...electable-Lead-Acid-Lithium-Battery-Charger_7
https://www.batterytender.com/Battery-Tender-OBDII-Accessory-Cable

OP
OP

Edko207

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I keep my cars and motorcycle on battery tenders. One of my other Porsches still has its original battery (7 years old). To avoid the issue with the 12V battery going flat, I have my Taycan plugged into a 800mA Battery Tender for Lithium batteries via the OBD II port with an adapter that is designed for low amperage use. I have had the car in the garage for 3-4 weeks at a time without any surprises when I start the car.
https://www.batterytender.com/Batte...electable-Lead-Acid-Lithium-Battery-Charger_7
https://www.batterytender.com/Battery-Tender-OBDII-Accessory-Cable
Thank you for your valued information. I will check them out.

OP
OP

Edko207

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thank you for your valued information. I will check them out.
I do hope that this is the only issue with my car. The car is at the dealer shop but I have not receive any response back from them.

Skier

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I do hope that this is the only issue with my car. The car is at the dealer shop but I have not receive any response back from them.
I also live on LI. Which dealer are you using if you don't mind?

OP
OP

Edko207

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I also live on LI. Which dealer are you using if you don't mind?
I do purchase the car from Porsche of Southshore and my car is with them at this time. The car I purchased from Porsche of Danbury since they were the only one that had Taycan Turbo S Gentian Blue with Ivory interior.

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
Porsche’s TechLine (the people the Service Technicians call for advice) are well aware of the issue. There should be no reason your car is kept there for more than a day. (Assuming the technicians aren’t swamped And just haven’t gotten to it yet).

Just re-charge the 12v, slap it on the backside, and send it back to the owner.

Or it is a completely different problem.

Skier

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I do purchase the car from Porsche of Southshore and my car is with them at this time. The car I purchased from Porsche of Danbury since they were the only one that had Taycan Turbo S Gentian Blue with Ivory interior.
Just got my Turbo today from Ray Catena in NJ for same reason and am trying to see which local dealer I will use if necessary. Good luck with this issue.

OP
OP

Edko207

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just got my Turbo today from Ray Catena in NJ for same reason and am trying to see which local dealer I will use if necessary. Good luck with this issue.
I'm so sorry to hear this. I do hope that you can resolve the issue soon. My car is been 5 days at the dealer service shop and they are in communication with the headquarter in regard to this issue. Soon I fix my car, I will update you.

OP
OP

Edko207

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Porsche’s TechLine (the people the Service Technicians call for advice) are well aware of the issue. There should be no reason your car is kept there for more than a day. (Assuming the technicians aren’t swamped And just haven’t gotten to it yet).

Just re-charge the 12v, slap it on the backside, and send it back to the owner.

Or it is a completely different problem.
Thank you for your valued information. Until I hear from them I would not know what's the problem. I do hope that this can resolve after re-charge the car.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I see that one of the owners in the U.K. has had the same issue:

Think they are not really sure at the moment. The thought is leaving car on charge with some non-porsche chargers, keeps more systems awake and can drain the 12volt battery

Would be crazy, not to be able to leave the car charging overnight. This is absolutely normal behaviour.

Have a couple of Tesla (X and S) and even a RangeRover plugin and my normal routine is when I get to work, or home to plug whichever car I have been driving in to top up

Porsche assistance (AA) said I was the third Porsche Taycan, they had been called to last week with a 12 colt battery problem.

I unusually hadn't actually left on charge overnight...so this is not the cause of teh fault with mine

Imagine mine is just a degraded battery, from being sat in Grimsby port for 3 months

I had an early tesla model s p85+ (june 2014) and honestly, it felt more of a mature product than this Taycan

Taycan is great hardware .. but poor software
In this case the car was not on a charger, nor did he change any charging settings in the app.

I am also surprised that something in the car is still alive when it is locked up etc. To flatten a reasonable sized battery ( I do not have the Ah figure) over night is scary. All lights etc are LED’s. And most of the electronic systems could not draw that power.

OP
OP

Edko207

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thank you for your information. I do appreciate this.
Sponsored