Taycan RWD Acceleration without Launch Control

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
I have a '21 RWD with the PB. I have to say, though the red light punch does not put you into your seat, it is pretty quick and like someone said earlier, definitely leaves the ICE cars in your rear view. The area I notice the quickness is when you are doing 30ish and want to overtake someone or you just punch it. Very quickly you are going 70+ and many times higher; especially if on an on ramp or if on the highway. And with the car being quiet, you do not realize how fast you are going.
I only noticed how fast my accelerations where when seeing the car behind disappear in the rear view mirror. It is quicker than it feels. Probably also because of the absence of engine noice.
Sponsored

OP
OP

bazhar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
x
Country flag
@Zcd1 @AV7

The CD link and screenshot are very useful, thanks. I too, for some reason, do not see any of the specification data on CD website.

Reactions: AV7

Busski

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E39 M5, e450 wagon
Country flag
For what it's worth, I live in Marin, right next to the pacific coast highway. I rented a 4s for some spirited driving up the coast a few weeks ago and found it to be so fast that I was quickly reaching go to jail speeds and the prospect of scary crashes with mistakes at anything approaching full throttle.

In comparison my e39 m5 that weighs 4000 pounds and has 400hp with a heaping helping of torque down low has power that sits right in the wheelhouse for 2nd/3rd gear windy road blasting at brisk but sane speeds.

In short, with the instant torque of the electric motor I found myself "suffering" from an excess of power, and so was using the engine at 2/10 to 3/10 for most of the drive, which was less than fully engaging. Having to constantly hold myself back was a bit of a downer.

Suffice it to say I've gone 4CT with my taycan. It arrives late December. Only thing that would make me change is wanting to "own the best", which I have some of, resale value (particularly beneficial for GTS), and the option of a more rear-biased powertrain, which RWD has, and the GTS might have.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
For what it's worth, I live in Marin, right next to the pacific coast highway. I rented a 4s for some spirited driving up the coast a few weeks ago and found it to be so fast that I was quickly reaching go to jail speeds and the prospect of scary crashes with mistakes at anything approaching full throttle.

In comparison my e39 m5 that weighs 4000 pounds and has 400hp with a heaping helping of torque down low has power that sits right in the wheelhouse for 2nd/3rd gear windy road blasting at brisk but sane speeds.

In short, with the instant torque of the electric motor I found myself "suffering" from an excess of power, and so was using the engine at 2/10 to 3/10 for most of the drive, which was less than fully engaging. Having to constantly hold myself back was a bit of a downer.

Suffice it to say I've gone 4CT with my taycan. It arrives late December. Only thing that would make me change is wanting to "own the best", which I have some of, resale value (particularly beneficial for GTS), and the option of a more rear-biased powertrain, which RWD has, and the GTS might have.
I tested a CT 4s and a RWD sedan. Both with air suspension. The CT was clearly more comfortable of the highway. Probably the GTS ST will have the same settings as the RWD and maybe even more sporty. The RWD had enough power so I ordered a CT 4 too. It’s coming end of februari.

Last edited:

MissionE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo
Country flag
Hello,

all figures of 0-60 mph (or 0-100kmh) accelerations that are provided by Porsche and the reviewers are done with launch control / overboost. Could I ask if any of the Taycan owners would be so kind to measure acceleration times without launch control?
At the end of the day we’re talking about a 5000lbs. car with 250 pound feet of torque. It isn’t going to win any championships. What Porsche needs to do is either introduced an S, or give this thing at bare minimum 350 pound feet of torque. Being said, I still wouldn’t own any other model. The Rwd really allows the chassis to shine, and it’s just a purer driving experience overall.

MissionE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo
Country flag
How quickly things deviate from the original questions.

MissionE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo
Country flag
I have a '21 RWD with the PB. I have to say, though the red light punch does not put you into your seat, it is pretty quick and like someone said earlier, definitely leaves the ICE cars in your rear view. The area I notice the quickness is when you are doing 30ish and want to overtake someone or you just punch it. Very quickly you are going 70+ and many times higher; especially if on an on ramp or if on the highway. And with the car being quiet, you do not realize how fast you are going.
Yeah it isn’t going to win a drag race, but this car is about so much more than speed.
Sponsored