First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
im going for bigger wheels and better seats

I can’t believe that on my Taycan and Etron you have to pay for Keyless entry!
The cars are keyless go so it proves the tech is built into the cars and they charge to turn it on!
My dealer was saying that in the future we will be able to turn stuff on and off like a subscription with OTA updates...
Sponsored

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
My dealer was saying that in the future we will be able to turn stuff on and off like a subscription with OTA updates...
Yes this is what I have heard and read as well.

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
I believe this is what most manufacturers will be doing soon

I believe BMW are looking at offering 3 options for extras like heated seats
- buy outright
- annual fee
- monthly fee (handy as only be used used 6 months a year)

Woodie4s

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
996 C4S bmw i3
Country flag
Haven’t confirmed my order as yet as passed on the January build slot I was offered (have paid full deposit already though).... need to call in to dealer again in the New Year; a March or April build slot would work well for me..... I’m pretty settled on my spec myself

I looked at e-tron and I-pace and was really surprised how expensive the insurance was, agree Taycan won’t be cheaper than either of those :CWL:
I’ve been checking insurances for my business on all EV . It’s ridiculously high, but then the performance is way more than usual. I think they are all scared about battery tech and replacement cost . Best Tesla M3 insurance was £1800, e class diesel usually £700, similar list price . But acceleration better than an Enzo Ferrari doesn’t help ...

Woodie4s

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
996 C4S bmw i3
Country flag
Haha, got to love government grants!
great news as I just needed an extra 3k for options !

Heated sports seats going in, sportex steering wheel

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’ve been checking insurances for my business on all EV . It’s ridiculously high, but then the performance is way more than usual. I think they are all scared about battery tech and replacement cost . Best Tesla M3 insurance was £1800, e class diesel usually £700, similar list price . But acceleration better than an Enzo Ferrari doesn’t help ...
insurance companies are frustrated by the relative lack of data. Ice vehicles have many decades worth of repair and maintenance costs. The primary high value EV are Tesla and they don’t have dealerships and do repairs in house. It’s difficult to model EV costs. Insurance companies replace uncertainty with money, yours specifically
Sponsored