the Perfect song for audio testing…have I found it?

J0EL

First Name
Y1ADB1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
cool song to listen to with Bose surround sound..
Queen
Another one bites the dust
Sponsored

TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi A7, Mercedes ML350
Country flag
the other day I was on shuffle play with apple music - and Wooden Ships by CSNY came on…

https://music.apple.com/us/album/wooden-ships/908303090?i=908303122

OMG the bose system in my 2020 Taycan simply illuminates this song - I mean honestly I can’t think of a better audio track to try out - the Bose system in this Taycan is simply stunning…

I happen to have access to a few other porsche-bose vehicles and I immediately tried the same song in them…and was less impressed…
  • ’15 Boxster-S w/Bose - same song - acceptable, rating of 6 vs. the the Taycan as the “10” (not saying taycn is perfect itself, but it is the ‘reference’ 10 for me personally)
  • ’18 911 GT3 w/Bose - same sone - I now have a lower opinion of bose sound quality in this vehicle - rating of 5 out of 10 vs. Taycan
  • ’20 Cayenne base w/Bose - same song - 7 out of 10 for audio quality - pretty good but no match for the Taycan’s bose system
  • ’19 Chevy Bolt w/Bose - same song - 7 out of 10 for Audio quality - suprising result - really really good audio system in this little wicked functional EV…OMG did not expect that…
I think historically the Bose systems are better than base audio, but not as good as burmeister - I also know many are disappointed with Bose based on previous systems - but the Bose system in the Taycan is not your previous Porsche’s bose system…

don’t use your past experience with Porsche+Bose to make your decision - you simply must experience the Bose/Taycan system to make an informed decision - the Bose system for the Taycan (which we know was custom designed for the Taycan and is a new system cause it’s the first porsche/bose system for an EV) is really really good based on my experience - better than any other Porsche Bose system I’ve experienced…

does that mean I’m saying you don’t need the burmeister - NO - that is not what I’m saying, I’ve never experienced the burmeister so I do not know…
also you may still be disappointed in Bose - all I’m saying in that in my opinion the Taycan’s Bose system is the best I’ve experience - the sound field in this car (wear the music is placed in the interior space) is simply stunning in my opinion…

I’m saying - your past experience with Porsche/Bose may not be an accurate reference to predict if you will be happy with the Taycan-Bose - you simply must try it….you may still not like it - but I‘m betting you’ll agree it the best Porsche/Bose system in the fleet right now…hmmmm may need to try the Panamera…

now all I need to do is find a burmeister Taycan and try this track with that as compared to my Taycan/Bose system…
As random as it seems, I use Dave Grusin’s album, “Mountain Dance“ as a reference album for high fidelity! Its just amazingly produced and lots of separation of the frequency spectrums. Many tracks are great, but maybe start with “Friends and Strangers”? Let me know your thoughts if you check it out! :)

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
I’ve been testing Bose in Taycan with Pink floyd (Live from Pompei), Within temptation (Black Symphony, Accustic night in the opera) and Anneke van Giersbergen (she’s simply the best).
All of them sounds great, much better than in my Koleos with Bose…. And i’m really looking forward to get mine for real :rock:

TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi A7, Mercedes ML350
Country flag
I’ve been testing Bose in Taycan with Pink floyd (Live from Pompei), Within temptation (Black Symphony, Accustic night in the opera) and Anneke van Giersbergen (she’s simply the best).
All of them sounds great, much better than in my Koleos with Bose…. And i’m really looking forward to get mine for real :rock:
Awesome! Good suggestions! I’ve always considered Pink Floyd’s “Dark Side of the Moon” as a great tester of audi fidelity!
Sponsored