Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Thanks all for your replies. I went out earlier and it unfortunately didn't work, so that's 3 out of 3 not working. I was in the app with the car connected before is sent it. I will keep trying as it was indeed a useful feature in my previous X5.
Out of curiosity, how many bars of signal strength do you get wherever your car is parked when these fail?
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Yes it could be bad coverage from the cellular networks of course. But in such case it should pop up once coverage has improved, no? I get frequent messages that the 5 minute preconditioning has finished and all data from battery levels and range are synchronised, but still destination fails. Maybe another WOTA update is needed?
I've had several gone AWOL and I thought I had good coverage but believe it's due to the car not being 'awake' at the point of sending. I guess also that the message will time out if not delivered within a certain time just like email.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Thanks all for your replies. I went out earlier and it unfortunately didn't work, so that's 3 out of 3 not working. I was in the app with the car connected before is sent it. I will keep trying as it was indeed a useful feature in my previous X5.
Do you have all the Porsche Connect services activated - this will be one of them?

OP
OP
MarkR

MarkR

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4CT
Country flag
I got curious so I tested 2 different scenarios...
  1. Send destination to car (but also hit the star icon to make sure it shows up in favorites)
  2. Only hit star icon but don't send anything to the car
Here are the results:
  1. I got a pop-up alert after I clicked the nav icon in the car that there was a new destination. I cleared that pop-up and the destination also appeared in the favorites section of nav.
  2. As expected, no notification of this other destination BUT it also appeared in the favorites section of the nav.
Again, I was just curious and wanted to share my findings with the community.

[NOTE: I also have a cellular booster in my garage so all connectivity functions seem to work great for me]
Thanks for the advice around using favourites. I have just set up a test destination as a favourite and sent it to the vehicle. So the only thing that changed in how I sent this is the favourites button. I will check this out in the morning, when I head out. Fingers crossed it works.

*edit. I couldn't wait until the morning, so just popped out to see if it worked. Low and behold, it did work...👍 I will now use this approach going forward.

Last edited:

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
I guess also that the message will time out if not delivered within a certain time just like email.
I agree with this 100%. Those undelivered destination messages are evaporating into the ether, never to be seen again.

b16mov

First Name
ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Hi all, I have a question that I cannot find the answer to anywhere. If I send a destination through to the navigation from the MyPorsche app, I cannot find it in the car when I am about to set off.

I have searched all the options I can think of in the car and I have searched here for any answers and even the online manual and still cannot find it.

Can anyone please help me to identify where this can be found?

Thanks in advance.
It should just appear when you get in the car

OP
OP
MarkR

MarkR

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4CT
Country flag
It should just appear when you get in the car
Thanks @b16mov . Managed to get it once I added it to favourites. Strange how it just disappears into the ether if I don't tick that option. At least I now have a plan for future trips.👍

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Thanks @b16mov . Managed to get it once I added it to favourites. Strange how it just disappears into the ether if I don't tick that option. At least I now have a plan for future trips.👍
The favourites outcome I think is a bug / glitch and was never a prerequisite before now. My Porsche app has recently been updated and possibly introduced this anomaly.

For now if it works that's ok.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
The favourites outcome I think is a bug / glitch and was never a prerequisite before now. My Porsche app has recently been updated and possibly introduced this anomaly.

For now if it works that's ok.
Could well be linked to the updated app.
I have quite good coverage where the car is parked with 2 to 4 bars showing at all times. And it is only sending destinations that does not work. I can start preheat and I can alter charge times, direct charging etc. They work most times, >90%+ I think.

b16mov

First Name
ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Weird that it just appears when I get in the car

but hope you enjoy future trips

ShiftyWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2017 Audi Q5 PP
Country flag
Mine is also hit or miss with sending to the car. It worked perfectly from my phone when I was sitting inside my already running car but... that kind of defeats the purpose.

OP
OP
MarkR

MarkR

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4CT
Country flag
Mine is also hit or miss with sending to the car. It worked perfectly from my phone when I was sitting inside my already running car but... that kind of defeats the purpose.
Hopefully there will be an update to fix this soon. One can hope.
Sponsored