Time to recieve new battery from Germany to USA?

sukab

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan
Country flag
My Taycan 4s needs a new battery. Dealer is ordering. Curious about any details from someone who has had their battery replaced. How long from order to arrive in the U.S.? Any difficulties or issues after the new battery installed?
Sponsored

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
Plan on weeks if not month or more. My car is waiting on a HV Cell. Been down since 1/21. Part arrived this week and ended up being the wrong one (terminals were reversed). No part is in their system.

Another forum member told me 18 cars were in line ahead of him for the HV Battery and his dealer could not give him a date.

Call 1-800-Porsche and get a case opened as soon as you can. Let them know you are not happy with a new car under warranty being down this long.

The dealer is just going to put in the order for the part and wait for it to arrive. They also have a "flying doctor" that has to get scheduled to assist with the install so even though the part arrives you could still be delayed. Hopefully you got a loaner.

RoseyPSU

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Aston Martin Vantage
Country flag
My issues started January 20. It was about 2 weeks later when my dealer, working with Porsche Germany determined I need a new HV battery (about February 3). When I pressed a week later on timing, I was told that I was, at that time, number 19 of people in the US waiting for a new HV battery.

My local dealer is trying to get a response from Porsche Germany on an ETA but so far has not gotten a response. I opened a ticket with Porsche NA a week ago and have also gotten no response.

This doesn’t answer your question other than to advise you not to get your hopes up. I’ll update this if anyone from Porsche locally, nationally, or internationally ever decides to respond to me. I’m going into week 6 and still don’t have an answer….

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
My issues started January 20. It was about 2 weeks later when my dealer, working with Porsche Germany determined I need a new HV battery (about February 3). When I pressed a week later on timing, I was told that I was, at that time, number 19 of people in the US waiting for a new HV battery.

My local dealer is trying to get a response from Porsche Germany on an ETA but so far has not gotten a response. I opened a ticket with Porsche NA a week ago and have also gotten no response.

This doesn’t answer your question other than to advise you not to get your hopes up. I’ll update this if anyone from Porsche locally, nationally, or internationally ever decides to respond to me. I’m going into week 6 and still don’t have an answer….
Rosey - Call the Porsche NA and get it escalated. PM and I call go over my process. I am at the 5th representative right now. I had the exact same time frame as you, but they are fixing a bad cell and not the whole HV battery.
Sponsored