Jack P

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Tesla models
Country flag
Is there a type of transponder in Florida that works best with Taycan?
Mounting place?
Thanks
Jack P
Sponsored

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
(I'm in Maine, I assume the transponders are similar) Mine is mounted to the inside of the windshield, on the passenger side of the rear view mirror (so I can't see it, and it isn't blocking any of my view).

Here we also offer an outside mount. It mounts on the top edge of the front license plate (sharing the top two screws). I use that type on my RV.

OP
OP

Jack P

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Tesla models
Country flag
Thank you!

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
Thank you!
I also pre-ordered a license plate IPASS transponder (just in case), but REALLY don't want to mount a front plate unless I have to. I know that the "Good to Know" app shows 2 specific mounting locations (just on either side of the rear view mirror).

Can anyone confirm that these mounting locations are working well for them? (and what type transponder you are using: EZPASS, IPASS, etc)

Thanks!

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
I also pre-ordered a license plate IPASS transponder (just in case), but REALLY don't want to mount a front plate unless I have to. I know that the "Good to Know" app shows 2 specific mounting locations (just on either side of the rear view mirror).

Can anyone confirm that these mounting locations are working well for them? (and what type transponder you are using: EZPASS, IPASS, etc)

Thanks!
Yes. I can confirm EZPASS works in the indicated location. (Mine is wrapped in black gaffers tape because the white was annoying.)

Porsche Taycan toll transponder 181A6381-4ED4-4358-9819-AAE446D88359

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
Yes. I can confirm EZPASS works in the indicated location. (Mine is wrapped in black gaffers tape because the white was annoying.)

181A6381-4ED4-4358-9819-AAE446D88359.jpeg
Yeah, I've always spray painted mine flat black (masking out the ID label (S/N) and an unpainted area to attach some 3M DualLock (so I can easily move it between vehicles))

Fire34609

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Range Rover TD6 HSE, 2020 Porsche Taycan
Country flag
Is there a type of transponder in Florida that works best with Taycan?
Mounting place?
Thanks
Jack P
Contact Sunpass, they have a bumper mount that attaches to the front license plate. You can also zip-tie it or tape it in a nice area (seen them on loaner vehicles for dealership..
I have the same problem with my '17 Range Rover. Even placing it in the area described is a 50/50 shot of working. I also linked my tag to the transponder so everything is connected just incase.

Sadly you have to call them to order, not available on the website. :-(
$19.95 shipped to your house.
Porsche Taycan toll transponder 1595942983883
Sponsored