Track Your Dream

maddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
Hi everyone. When you change any spec before freeze date, it changes order created date to (change date) ? Is this true ?

For example:
+ My order was created on Aug 24th, then updated on Sept 8th. So order created was (Sept 8th) and delivery time was Dec 10th

+ Now, we made some changes, new order date is Sept 16th and the delivery moved to Jan 7th.

In both cases, the change was before freeze point. But it’s shifts the whole timeline. Is this how it’s for everyone ? (or is there a way to edit previous order).

Porsche Taycan Track Your Dream 396E6FF1-7C85-49EC-BD29-0F4E135FE4B8

Porsche Taycan Track Your Dream D3F251E3-4576-4E0F-AAD8-D7A4C2DC1592

frankchn

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 TTS, Taycan TTS
Country flag
Order date is when the order was last updated. I think the delivery date will shift around given current supply constraints when you change your order. What did you change on the build?

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
FYI That change could impact your Tax Credit (2021 vs 2020) and/or if Congress changes the law.

OP
OP

maddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
Order date is when the order was last updated. I think the delivery date will shift around given current supply constraints when you change your order. What did you change on the build?
FYI That change could impact your Tax Credit (2021 vs 2020) and/or if Congress changes the law.
That’s the problem. But it’s seems all so uncertain. Do you think it would be possible that the tax credit, if passed would also effect the Dec 21 ? Because we will still be filing after the law would have passed ?

OP
OP

maddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
I removed Remote Park Assist and added the Performance Package (PDCC+PTV+) and the Noise insulated glass. ?

Last edited:

frankchn

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 TTS, Taycan TTS
Country flag
I removed Remote Park Assist and added the Performance Package (PDCC+PTV+) and the Noise insulated glass. So the opposite of semiconductors ?
I would not be surprised if PDCC and PTV required different or additional chips.

OP
OP

maddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
Hmmm. so are cars getting delayed only when you change your build ? or it could be either, because the build changed or because of the supply chain shortage. So there’s a chance the car would have been delayed regardless of me changing the order ?

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
That’s the problem. But it’s seems all so uncertain. Do you think it would be possible that the tax credit, if passed would also effect the Dec 21 ? Because we will still be filing after the law would have passed ?
Doubtful they will make it retroactive. My guess is if it passes it will impact 2022 purchases.

frankchn

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 TTS, Taycan TTS
Country flag
Hmmm. so are cars getting delayed only when you change your build ? or it could be either, because the build changed or because of the supply chain shortage. So there’s a chance the car would have been delayed regardless of me changing the order ?
Yeah other folks in the forums have reported that the cars have been delayed with no changes on their end, so you might just be unlucky as well. Without insight into Porsche's supply chain and production, we won't know.

chenner

First Name
B.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yup, according to my rep changing your config could very well affect your delivery date.

Evpower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2022, Bolt 2020
Country flag
I picked up a dealer order before it's freeze that was sumitted yesterday Sept 21. I was told at the time it was a Dec 31 delivery. Now I've been told it is Jan 7.

jcroix

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
For what it’s worth, TYD was very conservative in my case. My car is currently on the Sfl Conductor that left Emden on 9/23. However, it wasn’t supposed to actually board a ship until 10/8, with port arrival on 11/5. Everything ran ahead of schedule:
* Build started earlier
* Total build time was about 4 days shorter than TYD advertised
* Loaded onto the ship 2+ weeks earlier than anticipated
* Ship travel time looks to be about 18 days to Houston instead of 28 days in TYD
* I checked with 800-Porsche, and there are no open campaigns on my car, so should be minimal time in port

So, given all of that, it looks like I might have the car by mid October instead of early November. No guarantee that I will, but it’s looking pretty good so far. That doesn’t mean you‘ll receive yours earlier than TYD says, but there is hope.

OP
OP

maddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
I added the feature and luckily, there were no shift in schedule. Just hoping it arrives earlier than later :)

Climax_F82

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
22 Taycan
Country flag
For what it’s worth, TYD was very conservative in my case. My car is currently on the Sfl Conductor that left Emden on 9/23. However, it wasn’t supposed to actually board a ship until 10/8, with port arrival on 11/5. Everything ran ahead of schedule:
* Build started earlier
* Total build time was about 4 days shorter than TYD advertised
* Loaded onto the ship 2+ weeks earlier than anticipated
* Ship travel time looks to be about 18 days to Houston instead of 28 days in TYD
* I checked with 800-Porsche, and there are no open campaigns on my car, so should be minimal time in port

So, given all of that, it looks like I might have the car by mid October instead of early November. No guarantee that I will, but it’s looking pretty good so far. That doesn’t mean you‘ll receive yours earlier than TYD says, but there is hope.
Was yours heavily spec'd? I could foresee that happening with a basic build.