TSB: Re-Programming PSM Control Unit - WPK0 - Brake pedal feel recuperative & hydraulic braking - April 23, 2024

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Concerns: Porsche Stability Management (PSM)

Cause: An optimized software is available for the Porsche Stability Management (PSM) control unit.
This update optimizes the brake pedal feel on recuperative and hydraulic braking.

Action: Check hydraulic unit and re-program PSM control unit using an updated data record.

Affected Vehicles: Only vehicles assigned to the campaign (see also PCSS Vehicle Information)

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2024/MC-10254056-0001.pdf

Edited to add: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2024/MC-10254160-0001.pdf
3387 vehicles affected.
Sponsored

Last edited:

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
These are very helpful. How to find out if own vehicle is affected by this particular TSB and "assigned to the campaign" since this is not a recall that would appear under a VIN lookup by the dealer.

OP
OP

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
These are very helpful. How to find out if own vehicle is affected by this particular TSB and "assigned to the campaign" since this is not a recall that would appear under a VIN lookup by the dealer.
I have found that dealer typically knows when my VIN is assigned to TSB. This is true even when I cannot find it using the VIN lookup from Porsche that is available to me. May take a while from when TSB is first issued for it to show up with dealer.

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
I had this TSB performed a couple weeks ago during a dealer visit. Was notified by the dealer upon checking in. Thanks for posting the details as I was curious what it was about and couldn't find any info on it until now. Nice to know my brakes were bled.

For others that have this done, I observed my brake pedal actually felt worse driving away from the dealer. Pedal was low and spongy. Connecting it to a L2 charger initiated the brake stiffness learning and after that the pedal has felt perfect.

OP
OP

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
A related issue is that sometimes Porsche adds VINs assigned to a campaign over time. The heater replacement campaign is an example of that. When it was first issued, the campaign was 400 or so US Taycans. Many months later it is thousands.

OP
OP

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Original post edited to add Porsche document. 3387 vehicles affected in US.
Sponsored