TSB: The Vehicle Unlocks Again Immediately After Locking - June 8 2023

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
The vehicle unlocks immediately after being locked with the touch-sensitive Comfort Access
function of the door handle, and the driver’s key is still in the proximity range of the sensors. The
door handles first retract correctly after locking, but then directly extend again and the vehicle remains
unlocked.

Cause: The cause of this behavior may be due to tolerances in the sensors of the door handles in combination
with modified software. Only door handles with software version SW 19.08 are affected by this issue

Only door handles with software version SW 19.08 can show the described fault pattern and upon complaint, must be replaced by door handles with a changed version (currently software version SW 19.04,
Door handle software version -1-)

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2023/MC-10238742-0001.pdf
Note: same problem but different cause/remedy than earlier TSB described in this thread: https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...comfort-access-may-16-2022.11618/#post-169689
Sponsored

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
When I went in 2 door handles were changed. Same problem. Nothing changed however. Same problem on the parking when collecting.

Porsche just found another solution a week after they repaired mine.

it is going back in a couple of weeks for a new fix. They will now change all 4 for the new ones. First have to go to the body shop to paint them.

Last edited:

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
What an absolute shit show. I replaced 2 door handles about 6 months ago due to the printed circuit board issue. Now they discover this new fault and all 4 handles need replacing😤

poppap

First Name
Pop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Taycan RWD (PNYVW213)
Country flag
I have this exact, went into the service last week for another issue (loud grinding noise when A/C is on) and asked the SA to check it, he said they will be replacing all 4 door handles but need 3-4 weeks to order them. I will be coming back in to service to replace the handles when the they arrived.

Payton48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I've noticed this happening a few times and now I'm paranoid about looking back to check once I'm about 15ft away from the car.

Not sure I'll bring it in just for this issue though... maybe later

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I've noticed this happening a few times and now I'm paranoid about looking back to check once I'm about 15ft away from the car.

Not sure I'll bring it in just for this issue though... maybe later
Best to alert your service advisor soon as the door handles will need time to be painted to match your exterior.

poppap

First Name
Pop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Taycan RWD (PNYVW213)
Country flag
I have this exact, went into the service last week for another issue (loud grinding noise when A/C is on) and asked the SA to check it, he said they will be replacing all 4 door handles but need 3-4 weeks to order them. I will be coming back in to service to replace the handles when the they arrived.
The 4 door handles arrived Tuesday 07/18 and the paint was done Thursday 07/20 - I should be able to pick the car up on Monday 07/24 when both handles and A/C compressor have been replaced.
Sponsored