Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Was looking through the spec of my 4S that is due soon. Guess what I forgot to order? A type 2 cable for untethered AC Public charging stations. No big deal as just ordered it, just a reminder in case anyone waiting delivery forgot as well!
Porsche Taycan Type 2 Cable B0882E32-D116-4B5C-A91B-90173C1D4489
Sponsored

Last edited:

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Was looking through the spec of my 4S that is due soon. Guess what I forgot to order? A type 2 cable for untethered AC Public charging stations. No big deal as just ordered it, just a reminder in case anyone waiting delivery forgot as well!
B0882E32-D116-4B5C-A91B-90173C1D4489.jpeg
I didnt order one either as usually charging at home is enough for me. Where did you get this and for how much? Might get one to keep in the car anyway...thanks

OP
OP
Gogs

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I didnt order one either as usually charging at home is enough for me. Where did you get this and for how much? Might get one to keep in the car anyway...thanks
4EV I think. Wasn’t me that ordered it. Handy in case you need to AC charge somewhere if the DC isn’t available.

Singularity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY 2020 Taycan 4S, MY 2022 Audi Q7 60 TFSIe
Country flag
I asked about this during delivery. Salesman gave it right there and then, free of charge. Excellent service.

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
Wow something free from a Porsche dealer that's rare! :D
We have become friends with the folks at our dealer and often get gifts from them. We also take them chocolates on holidays.

Snowbird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 turbo — Taycan turbo S
Country flag
We have become friends with the folks at our dealer and often get gifts from them. We also take them chocolates on holidays.
my seller wanted to give me a gift, I said no because I know I will end up paying for it. answer: don't bother taking it, if I give it to you you already paid for it. LOL!

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
Used mine already on day 2. The AC chargers appear more reliable ( but slow) good for a free top off while you shop or walk the dog though....

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
That looks quite handy with its coiled cord. Much easier to stow away that way. Any downsides when using it?

OP
OP
Gogs

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That looks quite handy with its coiled cord. Much easier to stow away that way. Any downsides when using it?
That was the idea of the coiled cord, too make is easy to store in the car. The cable is quite heavy duty so overall it is quite heavy, but I got the long one that reaches about 5 Meters when fully stretched out. The cable comes with duct caps over the ends, which is a good idea, but quite hard to take off. I think I’ll probably cut them off as the inside of my car will be clean so unlikely to get dirt in there.

UroDoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
812 Superfast; AMG GT 53; Taycan 4S; DB11
Country flag
Hi, forgive my ignorance but where would that type of cable be useful/is it something I would need to get if going on a long range drive?

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
Hi, forgive my ignorance but where would that type of cable be useful/is it something I would need to get if going on a long range drive?
Not required for US use.

encreed

First Name
Enrique
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eltos
Country flag
The type 2 charging cable is perfect and robust for the Indian electric driving environment. The EV cable is dustproof and waterproof. A Type 2 charging cable is the European-standard plug-type used by every new electric car. It features a seven-pin connection at both ends, which allows you to easily plug in to every home wall box, and most public car chargers. You can find them at an online store.
Sponsored