Gra13

First Name
Graeme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Turismo 4s
Country flag
I have just received my Taycan 4S ST but it did not come with a Type 2 cable. Porsche said it was not part of the spec, although I can see it is on the new standard spec listing. My car was ordered Feb 22. Can anyone shed some light?
Sponsored

Rob********

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
I believe it is standard to come with this... this is an extract from CT4S standard features as listed on the configurator today...

E-Performance
Charge port on driver (AC Type 2) and front passenger sides (AC/DC Type 2 CCS Combo)
11kW AC on-board charger
50kW DC on-board charger for use of public charging stations with a voltage of 400V
DC charging at public charging stations with voltage of 800V
7.2kW 1-phase Mobile Charger with 4.5m vehicle side cable, 1x32A 230V blue industrial supply cable, 3-pin household 230V supply cable and basic wall mount
Public charging cable (32A 22kW Mode 3 Type 2)

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Nasty! And my memory serves me that maybe I had it specified in my original config. OP: is yours an MY22 or 23?
Never been taken out of the plastic bag it came in, obviously. Basically as much use as the 2 other options on that screenshot!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I have just received my Taycan 4S ST but it did not come with a Type 2 cable. Porsche said it was not part of the spec, although I can see it is on the new standard spec listing. My car was ordered Feb 22. Can anyone shed some light?
I have an MY21 4S and had to order the L2 cable separately however since then it has become standard. My new GTS ST has the L2 cable as standard.

It could be due to timing and you just missed out. Did you keep your original spec / Porsche Code / hard copy of full specifications from when you placed the order which would list the standard equipment?

It may be that it became standard for MY23 (from July 22 spec, Sep / Oct'22 delivery).

No big deal - easy to source on the web!

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
Never been taken out of the plastic bag it came in, obviously. Basically as much use as the 2 other options on that screenshot!
I used mine yesterday for the first time! Harry Potter Studio Tour and I trickle (dribble more like!), charged it there because why not. The home charger EVSE I've never taken out of the bag!

Not from launch but likely MY23 (Jul'22) onwards.
I checked through my emails and yes, my SA confirmed it was standard on MY23

OP
OP

Gra13

First Name
Graeme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Turismo 4s
Country flag

OP
OP

Gra13

First Name
Graeme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Turismo 4s
Country flag
Thanks for the feedback, I have learnt that the cable has been added to the my23 spec. My car although delivered in Jan was still a 22 spec car.

Abdul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Gentian Blue Taycan 4S...previously Ice Grey RWD
Country flag
Thanks for the feedback, I have learnt that the cable has been added to the my23 spec. My car although delivered in Jan was still a 22 spec car.
I'd asked about this with my original RWD 21 plate. The OPC said they 'wouldn't let me drive away without one' and I didn't pay. Same for most recent 4s 22 plate.
Sponsored