Tyre issues mixed tread and 1 non NFO tyre

rickyrt1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porshe Taycan
Country flag
I bought a second hand Taycan 4S, I have read the forum quite a bit.

It has come with 3 michelin PS4 & one japanese non NFO tyre on the front.

How would they have managed to override the TPMS with the non NFO tyre on the front, or just selected it as a PS4? and kept existing pressure sensor?

The Japanese tyre is brand new so 9mm tread, the remaining 3 P4S tyres have 4mm tread.

Is it input into the on board computer when the tyre is new? because the system needs to know there is 10mm of tread on one tyre.

Also one of the rear PS4 tyres has severe damage to the side wall so needs replacing, it is passenger side same as the japanese non NFO tyre.

So if changed would end up with 2 new tyres on the passenger side and 2 almost worn tyres on driver side, does anyone have any experience of this being an issue? handling, computer etc...

Its air suspension so the car will just self level right so little bit of handling change?
Sponsored

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
Hmmmm....not sure if serious :)

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
That purchase can not have been through a Porsche dealer though!

To have a damaged rear tyre and a replaced front tyre probably means the car has had some incident . Hope you have a warranty on that purchase,

There is nothing about tyre brand or thread depth to input into the TPMS. If you use the same sensor or clone the address, you can fit whatever tyre will work on the rim.

Get the car and tyres checked would be my advice
Sponsored