TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Any updates? I've been offered free GAP or Gtechnik with my 4s order. Gap via porsche is £1200 odd and gtechnik about £600
Take the GAP - the dealer wash bay will have no idea how to apply the Gtechniq properly. For started before this is applied the car needs to be completely decontaminated with clay bar and then paint corrected so that there are no swirl marks etc. Gtechniq application the right way takes 2 days not 20 mins in a dealer wash bay - take the GAP insurance please :)

4SJB

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCT Mini Cooper S Audi A4 3.0 TDI
Country flag
Porsche GAP cover should as has already been stated be a standard £599.
I tried a few companies on line, but either couldn’t get cover because of the price of the car or the policy was not 5* Defaqto rated.
Only issue for me is that it covers 3 and not 4 years. The gap should however be much smaller in year 4.
It has always annoyed me that I have to insure against my insurance not paying!!!

911GP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Volcano Grey
Country flag
I have today been quoted £426.33 per annum fixed for 3 years (£1279 total). Are the prices quoted above per annum? Sorry if this is a silly question but I haven't taken out GAP before.

Sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots
Country flag
GAP works best for high value cars with significant depreciation. The older the vehicle, the more valuable Return to Invoice GAP becomes.

IMO 3 years is too low, given the first year is pointless anyway as any insurance policy will cover that in the first year anyway.

I also found online providers will not cover it due to the value... so instead my insurer agreed to put an agreed value on the vechicle, effectively providing the same thing as GAP in the event of a write-off ;)

bootsie

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Golf GTI 16v
Country flag
Just for anyone's information here, the ALA GAP policy will cover up to £150,000 value vehicle for a maximum shortfall of £50,000. Their policy will cover up to a 4 year term.
There's a Money Saving Expert discount code MSE25 which will get 25% off the price. For me, this drops the cost of a 3yr policy on a £123K Turbo to £299.
https://www.ala.co.uk/

On another thread here someone noticed the Terms and Conditions has this listed under exclusions:
“13. Any VAT element of any claim where you are VAT registered.”

Since my company is VAT registered but can't claim back the VAT on this purchase (due to private use), I queried this with their customer services and they replied:
"If the company is unable to claim back the VAT, then the VAT element will be covered under the policy."

Hope this helps someone.
Sponsored