Unexpectedly received Porsche Wall Charger Connect

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
Just received one today. Kinda useless for NYC condo owners. Go figure...
How the.. what.. grr
I must be doing this Taycan thing wrongly. (goes to check the mail again)

All i got so far was a recall notice.
Sponsored

Novemberwhisky

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST Crayon.
Country flag
So I ticked the option and received the Porsche Mobile Charger Connect. I’ve had it plugged into the mains in the garage and receive approx 1.9kw charge rate. I was investigating a home charge unit and realised this thing can handle up to 19KW.

Tell me if I’m wrong - if I plug the PMCC into a socket/outlet that is rated to 100A I’ll get approx 19KW or a 30A line to get ~7KW? Therefore I don’t need to buy a 3rd party charge unit? My Taycan can accept 22KW AC charging.

How does the unit set the charge rate- is this done manually I’m assuming it can’t sense the rating of the supply? (My electrical knowledge is pretty basic).

In the Porsche shop I see the Wall Charger Connect- is this just a fancy housing for the PMCC?

Further question PMCC has wireless connectivity and hotspot option- what does this add to the Porsche app connection to the car?- I can set timers and get charge state from the car directly.

I don’t know how or why I would need to connect to the PMCC. Perhaps I need to read the manual. 🤓

Lawman

First Name
Erwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 2024
Country flag
Is there an invoice or at least a reference to an invoice anywhere with the package? On an invoice it might specify payment method, i.e. who paid for it.
I received one when I picked up my 2024 Taycan last week. Wish they would have told me it was included. I already bought a wall charger and had it installed. Didn’t seem smart to get a car first then get a wall charge and an electrician. I asked the dealer if they would buy it back. Sales manager said sell it on EBay. Someone else said you have to return it when the lease is over. Would have made more of an impression if they told me I would be getting one so I could have saved the $1500 I spent on the first charging station. Funny freebie to throw in after the fact.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I received one when I picked up my 2024 Taycan last week. Wish they would have told me it was included. I already bought a wall charger and had it installed. Didn’t seem smart to get a car first then get a wall charge and an electrician. I asked the dealer if they would buy it back. Sales manager said sell it on EBay. Someone else said you have to return it when the lease is over. Would have made more of an impression if they told me I would be getting one so I could have saved the $1500 I spent on the first charging station. Funny freebie to throw in after the fact.
Good point on sending one to customers without telling them and after the car delivery. It doesn't seem like Porsche is particularly competent - either they are sending them unintended, or they are in fact running some promotion but not thinking it through at all. It reminds me of a promotion at a restaurant once, someone had a promotion table setup at the exit of the restaurant selling gift cards, and offering a free dinner if you buy gift cars - the details which they overlooked is they were selling it to people leaving the restaurant (so presumably not hungry any more) and the free dinner coupon expired the same day. Funny thing, they also suggested I could sell it to people coming in in the parking lot. LOL.

Lawman

First Name
Erwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 2024
Country flag
There is no charge for the Porsche charger I received. The sales manager said the dealership gives them to all Taycan buyers/lessees. Would have liked to know that before I spent $1500 on a Charge-Point home charger!

OP
OP
trogger

trogger

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Golf R; Taycan wannabe (4S CT on order)
Country flag
Well, let me kick this off: would anybody like to buy a new-in-box-unopened Porsche Wall Charger Connect? I am willing to offer a good price :). Located in Houston and prefer to sell in-person, but would contemplate shipping for forum members with good history on the forum. (Couldn’t find a designated sales category, apologies if this is off-topic.) DM me!

IanG

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Well, let me kick this off: would anybody like to buy a new-in-box-unopened Porsche Wall Charger Connect? I am willing to offer a good price :). Located in Houston and prefer to sell in-person, but would contemplate shipping for forum members with good history on the forum. (Couldn’t find a designated sales category, apologies if this is off-topic.) DM me!
In case it's helpful, here's the members' classified section:

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/forums/members-classifieds.40/
Sponsored