trogger

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Golf R; Taycan wannabe (4S CT on order)
Country flag
I took delivery about 3 or 4 months ago of my Taycan. I did not purchase any of the extra chargers. Today out of nowhere I received a huge box, containing a Porsche Wall Charger Connect. No idea why.

Has anyone else received one for no particular reason? Any recalls or anything that might explain this? I have also asked my SA.
Sponsored

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
congrats of the 3 Porsche EVSE's (PMC+, PMCC, and PWCC) the PWCC is the most functional and useful of the 3.

Keep it and use it in good health.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I took delivery about 3 or 4 months ago of my Taycan. I did not purchase any of the extra chargers. Today out of nowhere I received a huge box, containing a Porsche Wall Charger Connect. No idea why.

Has anyone else received one for no particular reason? Any recalls or anything that might explain this? I have also asked my SA.
Is there an invoice or at least a reference to an invoice anywhere with the package? On an invoice it might specify payment method, i.e. who paid for it.

OP
OP
trogger

trogger

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Is there an invoice or at least a reference to an invoice anywhere with the package? On an invoice it might specify payment method, i.e. who paid for it.
Yes, but almost no info on it. I guess, perhaps interestingly, there is no price.

SA doesn’t know anything about it.

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I would check your account in the My Porsche app. They rarely do anything for free.

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have one and recommend it. Put in a 100A circuit if at all possible so that you have the option of 19.2KW charging in the future if you option that on one of your vehicles (I'm assuming your current Taycan doesn't have that option).

RoadScholar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan CT, TR6, couple others
Country flag

I unexpectedly received one two months after taking delivery of a CT this summer. 45 pounds (!) from Porsche Cars NA in Chino, CA. Dealer knew nothing about it. Maybe it was to apologize for the six week hold at the US port...
Plan to set up if/when existing one - Juicebox - dies. Hope our garage wall can support it...

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
People who got one for free, have you been using PMC+ or PMCC at 100% charge rate perhaps? Maybe Porsche has telemetry indicating that and is pre-emptively sending wall chargers in case someone complains their house burned down, so they can say "we warned you with stickers on mobile EVSE that charging at 100% is at your own risk of burning down you house, plus we sent you a wall charger to install at your home which won't burn it down".

OP
OP
trogger

trogger

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
People who got one for free, have you been using PMC+ or PMCC at 100% charge rate perhaps? Maybe Porsche has telemetry indicating that and is pre-emptively sending wall chargers in case someone complains their house burned down, so they can say "we warned you with stickers on mobile EVSE that charging at 100% is at your own risk of burning down you house, plus we sent you a wall charger to install at your home which won't burn it down".
Interesting theory; I opened the PMCC once, tried it once, then put it back in its bag and left it in a corner. I have a different EVSE that I use instead. So unless they are trigger happy on this one, possibly not this!

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Interesting theory; I opened the PMCC once, tried it once, then put it back in its bag and left it in a corner. I have a different EVSE that I use instead. So unless they are trigger happy on this one, possibly not this!
Dang, if I knew they would send me a free PWCC, I might have taken it out of the bag and plugged in once. :CWL: I use converted Tesla HPWC's (80A each, but sharing 80A total between 3 of them) at home and 40A Tesla Mobile connector with TeslaTap adapter which I keep in the car.

RoadScholar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan CT, TR6, couple others
Country flag
Well, I did use the PMCC once on a road trip a month into ownership and may have reached 100% once then before driving the next morning. But every other AC charge has been with my Juicebox - in a detached garage!

dcpmdpc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY20 Cayenne S Coupe
Country flag

Just received one today. Kinda useless for NYC condo owners. Go figure...
Sponsored