CygnusX-1

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
This is changing although I'm sure there are still dealers that will sell without an ADM. I was able to place my order with no ADM in October last year. The car is on the Grand Legacy and should be delivered by the end of this month or early next month.

Talking to my SA a few days ago and they said demand is so high, and supply so low, that they are now adding an ADM to all orders. Fortunately not to mine.

I also ordered a new Tacoma for a utility vehicle (shopping/hobbies). MSRP but only because my local dealer has stopped selling to anyone outside of our county.
Hope you'll share some pictures once you get the keys, and good luck on the delivery.

I don't know how true this is, but the SA told me he had 2 offers on my car while it was in the show room...for about 24 hours. After the $10k ADM, taxes and registration not sure how much real profit potential there would be on my car, but I do feel confident that I can drive it for at least a year and basically get my money back (esp when factoring in the $7500 tax credit).
Sponsored

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Hope you'll share some pictures once you get the keys, and good luck on the delivery.

I don't know how true this is, but the SA told me he had 2 offers on my car while it was in the show room...for about 24 hours. After the $10k ADM, taxes and registration not sure how much real profit potential there would be on my car, but I do feel confident that I can drive it for at least a year and basically get my money back (esp when factoring in the $7500 tax credit).
I'd tend to believe him. I seldom see any new Porsches on my local (70 miles away) Porsche dealer's site. What few there are usually are Macan's and the occasional Cayenne. They had a new 911 Carrerra with a 30k ADM on the lot last month. I think it lasted a whole 2 days.

soawjo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, BMW 230i convertible
Country flag
And now that my 16 year old is inheriting the Model S
😲 Maybe it's different in the US but in the UK getting a teenager insured on a Model S would be a nightmare. Even if you could find an insurer that wasn't "no way, mate" you'd be charged a ridiculous amount of money

OP
OP
CygnusX-1

CygnusX-1

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
😲 Maybe it's different in the US but in the UK getting a teenager insured on a Model S would be a nightmare. Even if you could find an insurer that wasn't "no way, mate" you'd be charged a ridiculous amount of money
At this point, the value of a 2013 Model S is pretty low, we got a few discounts because of his grades and that he went through driving school. So, it's not too bad.

What's REALLY boosting my insurance bill is the Taycan. I'm about $1800/yr just for this new vehicle

kewina12

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
@cy
At this point, the value of a 2013 Model S is pretty low, we got a few discounts because of his grades and that he went through driving school. So, it's not too bad.

What's REALLY boosting my insurance bill is the Taycan. I'm about $1800/yr just for this new vehicle
@CygnusX-1, can you post some pics of your Stealth PPF? doing the same and love to see more pics of the grey beauty

OP
OP
CygnusX-1

CygnusX-1

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
@cy

@CygnusX-1, can you post some pics of your Stealth PPF? doing the same and love to see more pics of the grey beauty
sorry for taking so long to respond. Here you go.
Porsche Taycan Volcano Grey 4S Delivered 79ED212D-AE1F-45F0-9474-3575ABB5DB27

Porsche Taycan Volcano Grey 4S Delivered 51233821-52DC-4F88-9F7E-41750343D913
Porsche Taycan Volcano Grey 4S Delivered D6522BB6-38E4-49E5-8EE6-1A725A32C1B2
Porsche Taycan Volcano Grey 4S Delivered 8403AB90-D482-4D6E-AB0A-9BC775C948DD

the last picture from the shop was included just so you can see how much variance there is in how it photographs. It’s really hard to get the true color. The first three are closest - it’s much darker than the reflective finish might make it appear.

Don’t worry, your dark car won’t get two shades lighter with the film on it. There is just enough metallic that shines thru the satin finish that it doesn’t look flat/matte/monochromatic.

The most common reaction I get from friends and family when they first see the car is some version of: “wow, that looks amazing”.