PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
I have used Waze for 6 years (per my app). Always on my phone and stuck up on a phone holder. Open the app and shows my work home favorites etc. Works great, always logged in as me and no issue.

With my new Taycan, Apple Carplay works fine and connects everytime I get in the car. Usually my left verticle icons are Waze Spotify and iPhone messages. However, I started to notice that when I select Waze, it would not show the map the way I have it set up. Oriented incorrectly, not as zoomed in. I would mess around on the PCM screen and it would not be the way I wanted. So I open my phone and Waze says Guest and not my login. I never have logged out.

At this point, Waze seems to be the issue here. On my phone, you select the user and it opens the screen with my login information and you have to click login or register. However, you can not swipe back to the map. Sort of sits on your info page with no map access (all of this while sitting in the car). The PCM exits Waze usually at the point. If I close Waze on my phone and re-open, I will be logged in and the PCM then shows the map correctly (where I am, correct direction etc).

Any ideas on why it is logging me out (and has never done so in all the years I have used it)?
Sponsored

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Waze seems to be messed up when waking from sleep mode in CarPlay. I end up just restarting it to make it actually wake up and update the screen and stuff.

OP
OP
PDACPA

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
Waze seems to be messed up when waking from sleep mode in CarPlay. I end up just restarting it to make it actually wake up and update the screen and stuff.
I did notice that. I honestly had never seen Waze sleep mode. There is a handoff issue going on there, but as long as I have the work around I am good.

Now if I can figure out how to get the left scroll wheel to switch between the Waze navigation from zooming in and go to the radio to turn up the volume! Seems when Waze starts it just sit on Nav zoom.

F16HTON

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Carrera, Taycan RWD
Country flag
I think it is a privacy setting. I do see similar behavior with it in my 992, Taycan and Tiguan witch car play.
Sponsored