TayCanada

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan
Country flag
Porsche Mobile Connect DOES NOT show my vehicle in the vehicle list.

I am just trying to connect to my home 120v plug.

Connection is established, but charging does not start.

Questions
1. Can you use the Taycan’s own wifi as the Porsche Mobile Connect network while trying to charge or do I need to choose my house network?

2. What is this card included with the Porsche Mobile Connect that Includes the serial number, Wi-Fi MAC etc.?
When launching mobile connect charger, I’m not asked for any of that info.

3. Also, that black our PIN on the card, what is this for? I just created my own PIN when using the Porsche Mobile Connect charger.

Keep saying no charging process has been found
Sponsored

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
I don’t have my car, so no real world experience. However, I did watch this video where the Porsche dealer in the UK walked through the connection. Perhaps it will help your situation.

OP
OP
TayCanada

TayCanada

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan
Country flag
Yes, thank you, I saw that but it didn’t help unfortunately.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
When you say charging doesn't start, what happens?

If you're using a 120v plug it should just be plug & play. What color is the light next to the charging port and what is it doing? Ie.. solid or blinking.

Your other issue requires dealership assistance. If your Taycan isn't showing up, it's because the dealership didn't complete their end. They need to transfer ownership to your Porsche Connect account.

OP
OP
TayCanada

TayCanada

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan
Country flag

If you're using a 120v plug it should just be plug & play. What color is the light next to the charging port and what is it doing? Ie.. solid or blinking.

Your other issue requires dealership assistance. If your Taycan isn't showing up, it's because the dealership didn't complete their end. They need to transfer ownership to your Porsche Connect account.
Doesn’t light up at all. I’m using the driver’s side charger.

Tonytones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S; Volvo xc90; Audi R8
Country flag
@PanameraFranck,
Do you recall seeing a post on this forum detailing what could be done as a future owner BEFORE taking delivery of the car? I do remember reading something about creating the Posrche connect account and then making sure that the dealer transfers the ownership once the delivery is done before exiting... But can't manage to find that post again that listed a bunvh of stuff that could be done before delivery...

[/QUOTE]

OP
OP
TayCanada

TayCanada

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan
Country flag

Transfer ownership to the Porsche Connect account? How would I know if this was done correctly? Would I see any revealing info on the app?

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
Doesn’t light up at all. I’m using the driver’s side charger.
Most likely 2 possibilities:
1. Your wall charger is defect
2. Your driver-side port is defect

Plug on the passenger side, you will have an answer about what is wrong

As @PanameraFrank said, you do not need a login for the charger to work - it is plug and play. You need the charger login top work only to have the data transmitted to your Porsche account.

The Mac address is to setup your wall charger to be accessible from the internet for data download / management. There is a flyer attached that explains what you need to do.

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
@PanameraFranck,
Do you recall seeing a post on this forum detailing what could be done as a future owner BEFORE taking delivery of the car? I do remember reading something about creating the Posrche connect account and then making sure that the dealer transfers the ownership once the delivery is done before exiting... But can't manage to find that post again that listed a bunvh of stuff that could be done before delivery...

Here are my suggestions - several other good posts in that thread. For simplicity I copied the text from that post, but you may want to visit the thread.

Few suggestions to get this started:
1. Have a Porsche ID already created and have Porsche Connect and Charging NA already installed on your phone. If you struggle with small screens on the phone, best to do the Porsche ID on your computer.
2. Resist the temptation to leave early because the car looks gorgeous and you can't wait to drive it. Have the tech walk you trough all functions. Remember the user interface is not particularly intuitive - best to have someone get you through it. They may not know it all, but probably better than what you can come up with on your own through simple intuition.
3. Have the dealer transfer ownership to you, so you can link the car to your Porsche ID. Some reported troubles with this step (Porsche server sometime takes a while to update) - for me it worked at the dealership. This is needed to create a user profile which stores all your preferred settings.
4. While you are waiting for the paperwork, have them charge the battery in full.
5. Work on your smile, you will have one on display....

OP
OP
TayCanada

TayCanada

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan
Country flag
Most likely 2 possibilities:
1. Your wall charger is defect
2. Your driver-side port is defect

Plug on the passenger side, you will have an answer about what is wrong

As @PanameraFrank said, you do not need a login for the charger to work - it is plug and play. You need the charger login top work only to have the data transmitted to your Porsche account.

The Mac address is to setup your wall charger to be accessible from the internet for data download / management. There is a flyer attached that explains what you need to do.
Yup it’s the driver’s side charging port that is the problem. Works on the passenger side. Damn! I wonder what kind of fill will me needed? It doesn’t “click” into place on the drivers side. Major repair?

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yup it’s the driver’s side charging port that is the problem. Works on the passenger side. Damn! I wonder what kind of fill will me needed? It doesn’t “click” into place on the drivers side. Major repair?
Did you try pressing the button next to the charge port? Was the car off but unlocked when you tried it? It will not start a charge if the car is on or locked (but you can turn it on or lock it after).

There is probably something simpler than a defective charge port going on here.

As for the connect account, contact your dealership and tell them to get your Porsche Connect setup finished immediately. They just have to register you on their end.

OP
OP
TayCanada

TayCanada

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan
Country flag
Did you try pressing the button next to the charge port? Was the car off but unlocked when you tried it? It will not start a charge if the car is on or locked (but you can turn it on or lock it after).

There is probably something simpler than a defective charge port going on here.

As for the connect account, contact your dealership and tell them to get your Porsche Connect setup finished immediately. They just have to register you on their end.
Yes I did tried to press the button and when I put the charger on the passenger side port it started charging immediately. I can’t help but think it is a port issue. It doesn’t click into place like the passenger side does.

Marshall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S; 2021 Macan S
Country flag
I have the same problem. My Porsche Mobile Connect does not show my vehicle-it does charge just fine-and when I log into my Porsche Account it shows my device including the correct serial number. The dealership has no idea what the problem is. I have reset the device and still the same problem. My salesman has setup a case with the area Porsche rep. Waiting a response back.
Sponsored