What does the rear spoiler do when and drive mode variances?

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
Obviously can’t see what it does, but following my business partners taycan who hasn’t got sports Chrono seems to just raise a tiny amount. He says mine raises a lot sometimes ( I have sports Chrono).

Found this thread but doesn’t seem conclusive.

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/spoiler.1859/

So, does it raise in all drive modes to position 1 at 56mph, position 2 99mph, and position 3 at 124mph?

Read somewhere it raises to position 3 in sports plus mode at a lower speed ? Is this true?

Also, how hard do you need to be breaking to get it to raise for active braking?

Is the only way to view it in its various positions when static to put in the cleaning mode and I presume this is position 1 of the 3 positions?
Sponsored

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
No idea, I keep meaning to strap my GoPro to the back and go for a drive and record it to see what it does...

OP
OP
Nickj

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
No idea, I keep meaning to strap my GoPro to the back and go for a drive and record it to see what it does...
Well, looks like it may come down to this given the amount of responses ?
I did note today the spoiler icon on the dashboard in sports plus mode Showed the spoiler to raise at 60mph then drop when I went below 40mph. Not sure what level it raises to though ?

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
I did note today the spoiler icon on the dashboard in sports plus mode Showed the spoiler to raise at 60mph then drop when I went below 40mph. Not sure what level it raises to though ?
I jump out of my car every once in a while to look at it. I've never seen it up. I'm wondering if it does anything at all!

I have a similar issue with my fridge. I simply can't confirm the light ever goes off!

I'm smelling a conspiracy...

;)

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
So... We have a "spoiler Icon" on the dashboard? (never noticed that...)

To show the position of the spoiler? ...because? Why do I need to know this? In case I'm roaring through a car wash?

...and they can't spare the Real Estate for PgUp or PgDn buttons to browse our music?
Sponsored

Reactions: Vik