tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
I don't seem to have this feature in my country – am I missing out on something amazing ?

Porsche Taycan What is "Risk Radar - Hazard Warning" ? IMG_0012
Sponsored

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I have seen the same and wondered.

Perhaps linked to Night Vision?, which I do not have in my car?

OP
OP
tigerbalm

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
FWIW, I do have night vision on my car – so don't think thats it.

OP
OP
tigerbalm

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I've a hunch it might mean something that VW call "swarm data" – meaning gathering other data about hazards from other cars and making it available to nearby cars. But I can't find anything definitive.

If that is what its about – can't see it working in Ireland – with the relatively low number of Porsche's here – however, perhaps it works across the entire VW fleet.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
It relates to egressing parking spaces (for example) and is part of the collision and warning detection. I think it may be part of the ACC package but I'm guessing which monitors around the vehicle.

I think it enhances the basic warn brake assist system and can in certain situations take over braking when reversing or other dangerous situations.

Check the GTK App.

OP
OP
tigerbalm

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Nothing showing for me on the GTK app. I do have all the active parking assistance options on my car and have seen it auto-break when reversing close to an obstacle – great feature btw.

Porsche Taycan What is "Risk Radar - Hazard Warning" ? IMG_0048.PNG

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Search assistance and there are a myriad of features which make up the overall risk package. Seem to be part of ACC which I don't have.

I think it also actively monitors opening of doors to oncoming traffic etc.

Check also the video stack.

WES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, Cayman S, BYD EV, Buick Van, Toyota Van
Country flag
It shows red arrows in the assistance window or HUD when you approach an intersection and a object is is coming at 90 deg toward your car. Works when going forward and in reverse. It is useful If you live in a high traffic area. I have found it useful in calling attention to scooters, bikes and pedestrians.

OP
OP
tigerbalm

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think what you are describing is Intersection Assist – which I have – Risk Radar is something different.

Porsche Taycan What is "Risk Radar - Hazard Warning" ? IMG_0049.PNG

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Actually I found the following (so we all guessed wrong :oops:) and the system / service operates in conjunction with Porsche Connect.

Porsche Connect uses the new Risk Radar service to improve safety. It provides early warnings of road and traffic conditions identified by the navigation system based on anonymized data from specially equipped vehicles. It’s all about making sure every car reaches its destination. The Risk Radar service is only available in certain countries and for specific car models. For detailed information on availability for your vehicle and in your country, please visit www.porsche.com/connect or contact your Porsche partner.​
  • The Risk Radar service uses swarm intelligence to warn of hazards.
    • Detecting hazards
      The system collects anonymized data on traffic hazards like fog, hydroplaning, and accidents.
    • Sending data
      The swarm data are compiled, compared with other vehicle data, and analyzed.
    • Reporting hazards
      The system helps prevent accidents by giving visual and acoustic signals when hazards arise.

REIL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ / MY20
Country flag
Actually I found the following (so we all guessed wrong :oops:) and the system / service operates in conjunction with Porsche Connect.

Porsche Connect uses the new Risk Radar service to improve safety. It provides early warnings of road and traffic conditions identified by the navigation system based on anonymized data from specially equipped vehicles. It’s all about making sure every car reaches its destination. The Risk Radar service is only available in certain countries and for specific car models. For detailed information on availability for your vehicle and in your country, please visit www.porsche.com/connect or contact your Porsche partner.​
  • The Risk Radar service uses swarm intelligence to warn of hazards.
    • Detecting hazards
      The system collects anonymized data on traffic hazards like fog, hydroplaning, and accidents.
    • Sending data
      The swarm data are compiled, compared with other vehicle data, and analyzed.
    • Reporting hazards
      The system helps prevent accidents by giving visual and acoustic signals when hazards arise.
US manual page 31.

Porsche Taycan What is "Risk Radar - Hazard Warning" ? A01D3500-9F15-401D-91A9-D6ABDAD74339

cityhpper

First Name
Johan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4. 20" summers, 20" winters.
Country flag
An old topic perhaps, but still: on several occations this winter, the PCM has provided warnings about slippery conditions along my route. Warnings have been perhaps a kilometer or so away from my current location, as the car (naturally) expects me to stay on my current route. All in all a useful feature, in my opinion.

But does anyone have more information on what actually triggers the PCM to issue such warnings for a geographic area? I would imagine it takes more that one single VW-group veichle loosing traction along a road, to show this kind of messages to nearby fleet-members...?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
An old topic perhaps, but still: on several occations this winter, the PCM has provided warnings about slippery conditions along my route. Warnings have been perhaps a kilometer or so away from my current location, as the car (naturally) expects me to stay on my current route. All in all a useful feature, in my opinion.

But does anyone have more information on what actually triggers the PCM to issue such warnings for a geographic area? I would imagine it takes more that one single VW-group veichle loosing traction along a road, to show this kind of messages to nearby fleet-members...?
Not sure but there is a feature called 'Risk Radar' which is one of the Connect services (I don't have it) which perhaps relates to that.

Porsche Taycan What is "Risk Radar - Hazard Warning" ? 1677076211867

cityhpper

First Name
Johan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4. 20" summers, 20" winters.
Country flag
Yes, I also believe this is the source of the warnings. Makes sense.
Any more knowledge on the actual algoritms behind this function, @W1NGE?